Monday, July 24, 2006

 

Day 154 - Maybe Dr. Suess Hated Mondays

Greetings, Gentle Readers! It's Monday again!

Time to start the Bloggy Work Week! (that sounded like 'Bloody Work Week', didn't it?)

Maybe Dr. Suess ORIGINALLY thought about the Grinch the same way I think of the Evil Bloggyman...

Every Who down in Who-ville liked Monday a lot,
But the Grinch, who lived just north of Who-ville DID NOT.

Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Well, I need to go out the door and swim before work, so I can't continue that thought right now.

Happy Birthday this week to Linda and Xanthe - you know who you are!

TTFN! Have a nice Monday and talk to you later!

Hi there! It's 6:15 and I don't feel like cooking. Charlie and I are going out to Cracker Barrel for supper.

TTFN again!

Update at 8pm.

When we returned from Cracker Barrel there were three bunnies in the driveway. Now tell me what they were looking for in a gravel drive? A handout?

Cracker Barrel wasn't busy on a Monday night, we got right in with no wait. I had a roasted turkey salad, and Charlie had fried chicken livers, mashed potatoes, and green beans. At the moment I am thinking - hey -dinner out on Monday nights. Sounds good!

That would soften the Monday Blahs a little bit.

I went swimming this morning and they had taken one of the lap lane dividers down so there was a bigger aerobics area. That was fine, but then there weren't enough lanes for the lap swimmers, and a big ol' guy was splashing all over the old ladies trying to do their aerobics. Some of them can hardly walk, and they never get their hair wet, heaven forbid. Oops. :-)

One guy at work was kind of growling about Monday this morning. The guy that sits in back of me said something like - 'We need to send Karen back there to give you a dose of good cheer'. I said 'Sorry, ain't gonna happen on a Monday, I don't like Mondays either!' ;-) It was funny at the time.

Well, that's it for now (again) until I remember to tell something else! Hasta la pasta!

Comments:
Happy Monday!! Hopefully I'll be getting my kittens today at lunchtime...if the shelter ever calls me back!!! Maybe I'll just go down there...how could they possibly refuse me?? Yay! Babies!!!
 
Hi Karen, This comment is just to remark on the difference in tone from Sat & Sun to Monday! What a great trip to Gatlinburg, and I loved your description of the rain. I remember well the "Little April Showers" song in the movie, Bambi! Gil and I saw 2 little Bambi's the other night walking back from the Handy Store (we bought an ice cream of course). It was about 8pm just getting dusk and the mother deer was at the edge of the field with her two little fawns romping around. Cuter than kittens, Heather!
 
Too cute!!!
 
Well than, can you send me some please, Grammy??
xoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?