Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

Day 152 - We finally got some RAIN!

Greetings, Bloggy Forecasters!

You're looking a little 'wet behind the blog', you know...

Last night around 10:30pm, we finally got the first rain we have had in forever. It rained again a little this morning. We needed rain SO badly!

Remember when I trimmed hedges this SPRING? We have had so little rain the leaves haven't even grown back! Poor little shrubbies.

I love the SOUND of rain. I love the fresh scent that the plants and earth give off after it rains. I love the 'whish' sound of car tires on wet pavement. I love the rumble of thunder and the flash of lightning. I love the song 'Little April Showers' on the Bambi soundtrack...

Very poetic, Karen-of-Sunnybrook-Farm. What don't you like about rain, pray tell?

I don't like when we NEVER GET ANY RAIN, and I don't like when it rains so much you NEVER SEE ANY SUN. I don't like it when bad timing of rain spoils an outdoor event or festival. I don't like it when I can't see on the highway due to heavy rain. I am not crazy about 'wet dog' smell. But I am sure everyone feels that way!

I am SO lucky with rain that no matter where I go (even desert climates), rain usually finds me there. Places like Phoenix, Arizona and Aruba - I can depend on a rain when there usually isn't any. The locals always say 'There's never any rain here this time of year. How unusual!'

Rain tip - when it is raining so hard you absolutely can't see in front of you or behind you, and can't feel your tires on the pavement (this happened to me on a trip we took to Florida), it really does help to put your emergency flashers on.

That way someone behind you (who can't see either) doesn't come barreling into you! As a matter of fact, watching the flashers of the car in front of me helped me to know where the road WAS. It really was raining cats and dogs and frogs and ducks and turtles and fish.

Rear window wipers are also a great help. Buy some today! (Yeah, right.)

Charlie and I have already finished breakfast, and I need to go get in the shower. (Get it? That's rain talk... Shower... you know...) You are DRIPPING with sarcasm, Karen.

Quote of the day:
The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Advance warning - I won't be posting a blog tomorrow until nighttime. Apologies in advance but we have early morning plans!

TTFN and Happy Saturday! The Weekend is Here!

Comments:
Happy Weekend!! My weekend plans have been changed due to stupidity. Tony's SECOND employee (the first was fired already) didn't show up for two days (he is now officially fired as well) so now Tony has to work all night and tomorrow...no cookout tomorrow, and Jenn was supposed to visit tonight while Tony went out with friends...he'll be staying in tonight to rest up...The wedding last night was nice, though!!!
Have fun tomorrow!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?