Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

Day 150 - I'm Feeling Very Dry and 'Thursday'

Greetings, Bloggy Word-Scramblers!

Yesterday was the hottest day in 6 years here. I wonder if my door lock will work today or not.

I need to make this short because I AM GOING OUT THE DOOR TO SWIM (that was me reinforcing my decision) and I need to make lunches first.

Here's a picture of Charlie in the garden from the summer of 2004, which was a very prolific gardening year. Those are his tomato plants, a good 5 feet high or more.

I guess I should say something about reaching 'Day 150' - it has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Happy 150th, Karen! (thanks, everyone).

Bye for now and stay cool again!

Update at 7:43. Just another HOT day almost everywhere and Friday is almost here!

Sometime my door lock sticks, sometimes it doesn't. Today I got in the car, closed the door and pressed the lock switch to lock all doors. After it locked, it sounded to me like it kept on trying to lock itself again and again. Straaange... Is this a full moon or WHAT?

I went to Walmart after work to grab a few groceries ($46 worth), then stopped at Sams Club to buy gas - $2.76 with the Sams Club card. That is better than most places which are up to $2.89-ish.

Oh - one thing I haven't mentioned...

For the last couple of times swimming, when a lane opens up I do a few laps at an easy pace. Maybe EVENTUALLY I'll have a little more patience with lap swimming. This morning I shared a lap lane with another girl who is as slow a swimmer (actually slower) than I am. We had a good laugh over our swimming prowess (or lack of).

Birds of a feather, float together! (oh PUH-LEASE!)

TTFN!

Comments:
Almost Friday again!!! I just saw the most amazing animal across the street in the field...it looked like a small wildcat...pointy ears, spots and stripes, very big for a domestic cat, looong legs and kind of pointy face...like a leopard housecat thing....I ran across the street to try to find it and get it..(like it would allow me to capture it!!) but it was gone..Clyde's barking had scared it off...now I know what he's been looking at and searching for every night!!! I WANT IT!!!!!!
 
Weird! Google your description and see if you can figure out what it is! xxx
 
It's called a bengal...I think...there are tons of different crossbreeds with various names like osicat or savannahs, but the most common is the bengal. I'll send a picture to your email!!
xoxo
 
You need a new lock actuator. My old car did the same thing and Tony fixed it..it will start doing it more often. You can have it replaced at the dealer! That's your car lesson for the day ;)
 
Thanks for the updates! I do believe I'll need that lock actuator, I'll wait till it's a little worse before taking it in. xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?