Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

Day 149 - The 'Scorch-erers' Apprentice

Greetings, Bloggy Wizards and Enchantresses!

It's Wednesday! Midweek is here!

Is it HOT enough for ya?

Here's a great picture of someone 'holding the sun'. Neat-o!

It was 99 degrees here yesterday, and will be again today and tomorrow. Bloody well hot, I'll say.

My sister phoned last night and mentioned the heat. My mother phoned last night, and mentioned the heat. My son phoned last night, and mentioned the heat. It's hot across most of the country, AS YOU KNOW.

I'm supposed to be long gone out the door to go swimming, but I didn't go this morning. I stayed in BED an extra half hour, and haven't even been in the shower yet.

I've made lunches and have my big ol' mug of bloggy juice here beside me. Somehow, even though it was 83 degrees at 5:30 this morning, coffee still tastes fine.

Quotes of the day:
'Some people change their ways when they see the light; others when they feel the heat.' Caroline Schoeder

'Coolness and absence of heat and haste indicate fine qualities.' Ralph Waldo Emerson

Okay gang, stay 'totally cool' and enjoy your Wednesday.

I'm bringing another box of squash to work today to give away, hopefully folks have eaten what I brought in on Monday!

TTFN!

Update at 8:07 - we are just finishing supper! It hit 100 today, maybe more. Ok, I miss the parking garage at my OLD job, it would have kept the car a lot cooler.

I'm having trouble with my drivers door lock - it is sticking when locking or unlocking when I use the remote. This has only happened twice, and both times in this boiling hot weather. What do YOU think is wrong?

I also had to go get a new cell phone battery today, mine wasn't holding a charge even all day. They also upgraded some software on my phone.

Did you know that a cell phone battery costs THIRTY bucks? Did I get ripped off?

Love you bye! Stay coolio!




Comments:
I didn't call last night, but I'll mention the heat now...It's HOTTT!! We lost power last night with a big storm so we melted for hours with no AC or fans!!! Sleepy today!
xoxoxo
 
We've been in the 70's in beautiful naturally air conditioned San Francisco. Even on our rare 80's days THERE IS NO HUMIDITY. Not only that, there are very few bugs or mosquitos. I got bit by a spider in Maine that grew into a gross blister!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?