Monday, July 17, 2006

 

Day 147 - Entering the Office Party Zone

Greetings, Bloggy Bakers!

It's Monday again! Let's find something to celebrate!

I just put a blueberry coffee cake in the oven at the crack-of-dawn hour of 6am. I hope it's edible.

Sorry for the marginal picture, but as you can see - it's baking!

Today is my first office-party-bring-food-to-celebrate-day.

I am also bringing in some summer squash to give away.

I remember when a former co-worker ML started work. On his first day, I reminded him (in a jesting way) that he needed to pitch in $5 for a group pizza party, bring in a shower gift, and that it was his turn next time to bake a birthday cake for the birthday club.

Also applicable - cubicle decorating for events and birthdays, posting little love notes in the elevators that say 'Lordy, Lordy, look who's 40', and stuff like that.

That is just office politics. If your group 'does stuff', you 'do stuff' too. If your group doesn't, you're off the hook and don't have to bake, decorate, gift, tithe to the office events, pitch in constantly for flowers or candy, or sit through agonizing team-building group lunches. ;-)

I will say that some of 'da guys' are allowed to 'opt out' if they feel very strongly about it. I won't tell any stories about that, but you know there are some. (YOU know who you are).

SOME folks love to bake, and use the office as an experimental station for their baking inventions. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes even office workers can't eat it.

Well, gotta go check on the cake. Here is the finished product.

Now that the cake is done, I need to think about what to wear today!
TTFN!

Comments:
MMMMM...send ME some!!
xoxoxo
 
I'm never starving until I read your blog. Speaking of starving, your blueberry jam in my refrigerator is GOING FAST (and I'm the only one eating it!) Wonderful.
 
Thanks, Heather and Nancy!

What would I do without your comments?? Blogging would be boring!

Just pop over to the house here in Tennessee and stock up on coffee cake and jam!
 
Me too, that looks delicious!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?