Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Day 145 - Sat-urday is So Sat-isfying

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders!

Go ahead and sleep late this morning if you want to.

It is 6:00am here and the coffee (bloggy juice) is perking. Aaaaah...

We might go blueberry picking this morning before it gets too hot, and I have an errand and shopping to do at the flea market later today.

The newspaper has actually been on time lately, that makes Charlie happy. He hopes my mentioning it won't be a jinx.

Charlie just delivered a lovely steaming cup of bloggy juice to me. My mug is about the size of the one in the picture (oversized) but has apples painted on it. The first big slurp of the day is the best one, isn't it? (Wasn't THAT a delicate statement?)

On WORK days I haven't had time to go search for and find a picture for 'da blog', so you folks at least deserve a picture on the weekends.

A couple of funny comments I heard yesterday...

I told you I am the only female that sits in my 6-cubicle 'region' at work, and they have been very nice in trying to include me in their conversation. 'Da guys' were talking about another cube setup that was all women and one male.

They suggested the proper 'bonding experience' for that group would be for all of them to go have a pedicure together... Charlie laughed pretty hard at that one.

Another guy in my area rides a motorcycle in to work most days, even sometimes in inclement weather. He pointed to the photo of his teenager on his desk and said - 'See THAT? That's a teenager. As long as I have one of THOSE, I'll never see my truck again.'

I'm going to go back to bed and drink my coffee and read the paper and listen to the morning news on TV and see how HOT it's going to be today. TTFN and I'll blog more later!

Update at 4:30pm... We just finished a nice afternoon snack of chips and salsa.

It's been a good day, HOT, but good.

You'll hear about our blueberry picking adventure on tomorrow's blog, but let me say it was a successful trip.

When we got back from berrying, Charlie worked out in the yard while I ran errands.

I drove down to the Franklin flea market which is held once a month. There is also a weekly Farmers market, but you need to get there early for that, and I think it's overpriced.

A lady I had met at the flea market while I was unemployed brought in some jelly and pint jars to sell to me for TEN CENTS EACH. I also picked up two more jelly jars at another booth for TEN CENTS EACH. Ridiculous, but who am I to argue with a bargain?

I bought a pair of vintage rhinestone earrings for $2 from the 'jar lady', and some Watkins dry soup base from a man at the Watkins booth.

Never heard of Watkins products? They've been around for almost 140 years...

http://www.watkinsonline.com/

Anyway, after my successful visit to the flea market, I went grocery shopping at Walmart and bumped into a former co-worker from my last job. We had a good catch-up, and I also got my grocery shopping done.

I'm going to pick over, de-stem and freeze those berries now, so TTFN!

Comments:
Sounds like a nice Saturday! We worked, came home, and now Tony is mowing the lawn while I try to clean up the pit that is my home. ;) (hmmmmm, me messy?? NO WAY!!!)
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?