Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

Day 142 - TGIH - Thank Goodness it's Hump Day

Greetings, bloggy midweekers! It's Wednesday already!

I SHOULD already be GONE out the door to go swim, but I just haven't been able to get myself to move that fast in the morning yet. (Shame, Karen, you're just feeling sorry for yourself) I really have missed my swimming these last few days, so I've got to figure out a way to work that into my schedule and not feel like I'm missing out on my 'at home' and bloggy time in the morning. *sigh*

Did I mention there is an exercise room at my new work, complete with lockers and a couple of showers? Unfortunately no pool though. There are treadmills and bikes and a few other pieces of equipment. Maybe I should take a walk on a treadmill now and then ONCE I GET ACCLIMATED.

I guess that's what WORK is all about - time you spend doing stuff for pay vs. stuff you want to do but don't get paid for... Right?

I've got my cuppa bloggy juice goin' on, and I just read an advertisement for a light up toothbrush with a suction cup base. How unnecessary is THAT?

I have a couple of meetings today at work, and more 'acclimating' to do. I made my lunch to bring to work today, and gathered up a few reference books to bring in as well. I'm bringing in my 'finding Nemo' mousepad today to keep me company. Why don't I have a 'Lord of the Rings' mousepad??? What was I thinking???

Joe, Ross, or Debbie - please look around at work and see if you can find one of my SQL Server Reporting Services reference guides - a green and white one with 'Goldsmith' written on it- hanging around - I can't find it so it must still be there. I think I might have lent it to Brent at one time, so it might be somewhere around the dev area.

Well, I'm going to go have some breakfast and maybe unload the dishwasher. I have about an hour before I need to leave the house to get dressed and eat.

TTFN and Happy Hump Day!

Update at 7:29pm. We're eating dinner, but I just wanted to 'drop a line' and say Hi and tell you a bit about my day...

Today went by more quickly than yesterday.

I am still working on getting my work environment set up and sending a lot of emails, BUT I got my first assignment today as well - something to research and possibly fix.

I had a couple meetings today too, and I think I have at least one meeting or training session a day for the forseeable future.

I chatted with a lady at work who stopped by my cube to see what I was reading (second volume of the Chronicles of Chrestomanci) - she is borrowing my Harry Potter book 5 to read. I have LOTS of stuff for her to read if she is interested.

Did I tell you that all my cube-buddies (there are 6 desks in a set in this arrangement) are men that aren't in my immediate team? I know I mentioned that the two that sit right behind me are both named Steve, and one guy is out of the office most of the time). I am right next to my team's 'set' of cubes but there is a partition in between, so I spend more time talking to folks not in my group. (I don't think that's a problem, at least not for now!)

Anyway - I set up my printer today and came back with my very first printout. (whoa!) I came back to my desk, held it up and said in a sugary voice 'Look, my very first printout at my new job'! One of 'da guys' responded in a dry voice - if you're going to get emotional over a printout, we're in trouble'. It was funny. He asked me later if I was ready to run off yet, and I said no.

That's it for now! Even if I go swim tomorrow morning I'll at least say HELLO to the blog.

TTFN!


Comments:
Kroo...got the book and some other stuff from your desk...sending with Joe since he will probably see you first. Debbie
 
I'm in class this week, so it will be next week before I can pick up the book.

xxx ooo
 
hmmmm. Debbie stole your book - wonder what else she's got.
 
Thanks, Darlings! -k
 
Karen,
I'm so glad you are paying taxes again rather than sucking off the system. :) But seriously, congrats. Did you ever mention where you are working or is that a secret? 24 people at orientation? Most be a big shop. I was trying to think of large employers in CS/Franklin and only a couple come to mind.

Chuck B
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?