Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

Day 141 - Two-for-Tuesday

Greetings, Bloggy Brainiacs, and Happy Birthday to Tony!

I'll just say 'Good Morning', then go into the kitchen for that bloggy-juice (coffee).

Count 2 demerits against me so far for staying home and relaxing before work instead of leaving at 6 for the health club. (whine - but I can, it's my first week at work!)

I need to remember to throw my sun-shield and umbrella back in the car (no, I don't need them both the same day, I had just taken them out when I had my car cleaned).

I report to my actual department today - time to meet and greet lots of people and hopefully I'll remember a couple names (unlikely!). Maybe I should bring a little notepad and start writing down people's names. That would look too dorky, Karen.

Okay, okay...

I'm off to the kitchen to make Charlie's lunch and 'pour a cuppa'. TTFN! Love you bye!

Update at 7:30pm...

Apologies to my son in law, Tony, for not remembering to write 'Happy Birthday' on the blog this morning when I did my first posting. Happy Birthday, Tony! I did remember to get a birthday card to him on time though!

I've been meaning to mention that I got laid off on my daughters birthday, and I had my first 'real' day at work (since yesterday was orientation) on my son in law's birthday. Go figure!

One funny that I found out about today... Remember that I didn't realize that orientation was an all-day event? Well, my managers didn't know that either and they were looking for me at lunch time yesterday to take me out to lunch! Evidently orientation used to be half a day, but now it is all day. I have a rain check for Thursday or Friday to have lunch out with my new manager and director.

I had an uneventful but rather tiring day spent 'absorbing' where things are and getting access to things I need set up. I had 17 emails waiting for me, and I just started!!!! EEEEEEK! Two women in my group showed me around and described various systems and processes to me.

There are two guys that sit behind me, and they're both named Steve. What fun! There is also a desk next to me, but the guy that sits there is only in the office occasionally. No problem.

I am already slated to start work on several projects simultaneously, with several more waiting in the wings. If I listed them all I'd freak out, so I'll just take one day at a time!! ;-)

TTFN!

Comments:
Another blog!! HOORAY!!! Hope you're having a good day with your new co-workers!!
xoxoxoxo
Tony said Thank You for the card!!
 
Thanks for the 'Tony' update too...nice birthday night despite the fact that he had to work till 9pm!!! Yuck...
xoxoxox
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?