Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Day 140 - It's Monday AGAIN and I'm a-goin' to Work

Greetings, Bloggy-Eyed Commuters!

It's Monday morning and I just got out of the shower. I've got my bathrobe on inside out, and working on my new, lovely 5am bags under my eyes like I used to have before I became unemployed.

I ditched the idea (no surprise) of hurrying on my very FIRST DAY BACK TO WORK - the health club can wait. I am going to have a leisurely morning at home, get dressed, eat breakfast, make Charlie's lunch, and report for orientation on time at 7:55am.

I dreamed last night that I was an hour late for orientation, then I dreamed I was only 45 minutes late. Nickel and diming it in a dream. Sounds like me.

Well, that's all for now, gentle readers. Talk to you later! TTFN!

Update at 7pm...

First day is done, and boy it was easy! Long, but easy.

I didn't know this morning that orientation was going to be ALL DAY LONG. I filled out forms and watched educational movies and listened to 'benefits talk' and all that good stuff ALL DAY LONG from 8am till 5pm.

We're eating dinner and I'm blogging in between bites from a laptop in the den.

We had a cozy group of new employees at orientation - TWENTY FOUR of us. Sheesh! Good thing someone is hiring nowadays.

I have a nice badge with a semi-ugly (could be worse, could be better) photo on it. I'm too old to really care about my picture. You should see my passport, you'd bark and growl at it. ;-)

Traffic to and from work was just lovely - I avoided the highway both ways and didn't have any traffic jams. AAaaaaahhh...

Well, I'll write more later if I feel like it. TTFN!

Oh, as you've noticed, I've updated my blog description and profile too. TTFN Again.


Comments:
Happy "Back to Work Day"!!! Cheryl
 
Yahoo!! Wasn't expecting a blog this morning!!! Happy 1st day!!
xoxoxoxo
 
Wow, congrats, and happy first day! Do you have covered parking (a perk my wife misses)? Or your own parking spot (a perk you & Chuck "won")?

And what's up with Malachi? He has a blog somewhere, but I can't find the bookmark.

Best of luck Karen!

p.s. Did you talk about your blueberries? Did I miss that day? I have about 30 bb's on my puny bb bush. Beat that!
 
Thanks, Cheryl! Thanks, Heather! Thanks, Ross!

No, no covered parking. No, no reserved parking spot.

Malachi is 'unemployed and bloggin it' too nowadays. I don't have a url for it.

We had two-three pints of blueberries from our bushes, but we go to a u-pick-em place that is really reasonable - Fruity Patch Farm. TTFN!
 
Congrats on the job!! What did we have you do on your first day at AMS? I know it could not have been an all day orientation. Did we have you read manuals?
 
Thanks, Barbara! I don't remember what we did, but manuals were probably part of it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?