Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

Day 139 - Employment Tomorrow!

Greetings, Blogregation!

My world is a-changin', starting tomorrow. (Run for the hills!)

Today, however, is largely the same. Charlie and I have just finished breakfast. I've got yet another wash in, and I need to mop the kitchen floor today.

I just logged into the state unemployment site and did my LAST weekly certification, to get my LAST unemployment check. So long, unemployment. Farewell, free money. Gotta go work for a living again.

Yesterday afternoon we went to see 'Pirates of the Caribbean II', and went to TGI Fridays for dinner (yes, so I could get more potstickers). Johnny Depp's swagger looks more like a swish to me, but it was enjoyable. A bit too much sensory overload in this one. It seems to me that instead of a plot, writers often create opportunities for action, effects, battles, etc whether they really make sense or not.

So you're a screenwriter critic now, Karen, since you've been writing a BLOG for 139 days? Get over it. Thanks, Evil Bloggyman, for keeping me centered.

I liked the 'Davy Jones Locker' sea creature phantoms, and of course the part where they tore off Orlando Bloom's shirt. ;-)

The showing that Charlie and I planned to attend was sold out, so we did have to wait a bit at the theatre for the next show. We had a nice time people-watching on a bench outside the theatre. Almost every parking spot at the theatre was occupied, so we knew it would be packed when we arrived. We spotted quite a few head scarves - people wearing 'pirate garb' to the movie.

Quote of the day:
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life. Walt Disney

Speaking of pirates, I used to work with someone who claimed to be descended from Maine 'Moon Cutters'. These rascals would build bonfires on rocks and jettys to lure ships into the rocks, then seize the contents of the shipwreck. Has anyone ever heard of a 'Moon Cutter'? I googled it but didn't see anything interesting. Sounds like a hit novel to me!

Who wants to advance me a year's salary to start writing a book about Moon Cutters? Please post a comment on the blog before tomorrow. ;-)

So, I know you're wondering 'What about the blog tomorrow morning?'

There will not be a morning blog. Apologies, but I have to WORK now.

I am leaving early tomorrow morning for the health club, and going to work from there. I sure hope I remember all my stuff. It would be great if I showed up my first day with flip flops on because I forgot my shoes! I think I might need to make an emergency clothing kit that I'll keep in my car.

My initial plan for my daily schedule is this; get up at 5, make lunches, leave the house by 6am or so to beat the traffic, go swim, get ready for work at the health club, go to work, run errands after work, get home whenever.

I'll post something tomorrow night after I get home, no idea what time!

TTFN, Dearest bloggies. It's been nice blogging with you EVERY DAY FOR 139 DAYS WITHOUT FAIL.

Play sound clip of 'Happy Trails to you, until we blog again'... Love you bye!

Comments:
Oh, I'm sad Mamma! This is really the last blog of the Unemployment marathon! Well, at least we'll have our nighttime stories now..stories of WORK and bad bloggyman Mondays!! Yuck. Enjoy your LAST day before work!!
Love you!
 
Hi Heather! Yes, 'Unemployment marathon' is an excellent word for it. I am a little sad too, just because it has been SUCH a joy for the last few months! Love you! xxx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?