Saturday, July 08, 2006

 

Day 138 - The Saturday Before 'The Big E' - Employment

Greetings, Bloggy Weekenders! What are YOU doing today?

Getting the car washed?

Employment is the DAY AFTER TOMORROW! OMIGOSH!

Charlie and I have just finished breakfast and already started the dishwasher. When you dirty a coffee pot, casserole dish, two frying pans, plates, cups, silverware and other utensils at breakfast, there isn't room for the rest of the day's dishes!

BTW - (that means By the Way), speaking of the dishwasher - do you keep your toothbrushes in a cup or holder in the bathroom? I do, and I throw mine into the dishwasher from time to time and then I never have to touch the toothpaste goo that accumulates. I do the same thing with soap dishes. No charge for the Bloggy Heloise tips, gentle readers...

I got a few of my checklisted items 'off the list' yesterday.

I joined a health club - yes, it's the one I tried before that doesn't provide soap OR towels but the location is fine and pool is OK, (they have an outdoor pool open in the summer too) and it has a year-round indoor walking track and gym and raquetball and aerobics and all that. I am just too spoiled to my hotel pool, but I called several in the area and none of them offer a health club membership. My new membership expires 7-7-7, and I liked that. ;-)

I got my car cleaned inside and out - and the car wash was mobbed yesterday afternoon. I swear every person was also getting 'inside and out' done, so it took a while. They forgot to vacuum the junk (wrappers and toothpicks) out of my ash try, those rascals. I guess I can do that myself.

I dropped off three bags of stuff to Goodwill, and I could have made three more. I feel guilty because I didn't fold everything nicely. Admit it Karen, the last bag you just rolled them over your arm and stuffed them in the bag, and then had the nerve to turn it in. Sigh, yes I did but as punishment I didn't take a tax receipt for them. ;-)

I pulled two gray hairs out of my EYEBROWS before I start my new job. YUCK! Think young and vibrant thoughts, Karen... Yes, Peter Pan...

I still have several things on my list, but maybe I'll get to them and maybe I won't!

I'm gonna go swim at my new place, and try to write more later.

I'm also still shopping - after all the clearance shopping I did, I have decided I need a new pair of navy blue slacks and a new pair of red slacks for WORK. My former navy and red slacks went to the consignment shop (I have made a whopping $11.20 commission on what I brought in so far). I don't know if I'll find them today or not, as I am FUSSY about the style AND they have to be on sale or on clearance.

TTFN!

Comments:
happy Saturday! Sorry bout the eyebrows..LOL
xoxoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?