Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Day 137 - Last Friday Off Before Employment!

Greetings, Bloggy Workers! It's Friday, Hooray!

Here is a picture of the view from my Aunt and Uncle's deck. Aaaaah...

Another weekend has arrived; my last non-working weekend for a while (remember I do have a vacation coming up in August).

Bright and early Monday morning I'll be getting up to go to work with all of you instead of hanging around with my fuzzy slippers on and making you jealous of me being home!

I've been getting some of my errands run and things taken care of before the 'Big E' takes over. I may go join the Y today, and I may get my car cleaned inside and out, so I won't be embarrassed if I take anyone to lunch in my car!

I had a nice lunch out yesterday with some of my former work buddies.

We were going to go to Chili's, but ended up at Fridays because their outdoor patio area was less crowded.

At Fridays we discovered a new menu item- low fat chicken potstickers with dipping sauce.

YUM-O!

Two of us ordered them, and I thought mine were really good. A nice alternative to ordering a burger or a salad or something.

To do list before WORK:

I just put in a wash - mostly bathing suits and towels (something I use a lot of!).

I intentionally left one of my swimsuits hanging on the screen porch clothesline at my mother's, so she will see it and think I'll be coming over soon to swim and not miss me so much. ;-) I'll get it when I visit the end of August.

I'd better get serious with my wardrobe and pick out a first-week-of-work's worth of outfits that will convey an impression of brilliance, professionalism, common sense and creativity.

Yeah right, if you could do that, Karen, maybe you wouldn't have been laid off to begin with. Thanks, Evil Bloggyman. Bite me.

I think I'll go drop a load of discard clothing off to Goodwill today. Add that to the list above. ;-)

TTFN!

Comments:
Thank you!!
 
You're so funny!! Enjoy your last 'unemployed' weekend! Back to yucky, evil Mondays again soon. ICK!!
xoxox
 
Karen, Since we were on vacation when you wrote this and only now back on-line, I want to say your bathing suit makes me miss you more, not less! Come back soon!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?