Thursday, July 06, 2006

 

Day 136 - Home again, FOUR days to Employment!

Greetings, Dukes and Duchesses of Bloggydom!

I'm Baaaaack, and partially unpacked. I found the evil Bloggyman stowed away in my luggage (play sound clip of Gollum whispering 'Not listening, Not listening'). I think it's his fault that I had such a hard time getting back home this week.

Evil Bloggyman: Serves you right, you Pollyanna. This is how people in the real world suffer every day like they're supposed to.

Hold on while I go put in a wash....Okay, I'm back again...

We went to sleep early last night, as I hadn't had much sleep in the last 24 hours.

Charlie woke up at 12:30am and thought it was morning! I said 'It's 12:30!' (because I can see the clock), and Charlie said 'No, it's getting light out!'. He did go back to sleep and the alarm rang at good ol' 5am. I think the moon must have been very bright last night. ;-)

I know I've forgotten to tell lots of stories about my trip, but one thing I am sure I haven't mentioned was seeing an 'Oreo Cow' for the first time.

What the heck is an Oreo Cow, Karen? I thought you'd never ask...

An Oreo Cookie Cow is another name for the 'Belted Galloway' breed. They are native to Scotland.

There was some small discussion in the family about where they originally came from, but they were introduced to the US around 1950.

They have a nicely marked 'white center' surrounded by dark chocolatey regions, obviously like an Oreo cookie. Cute, eh?

Here's a link if you want to learn more about them.

http://www.grantsfarm.com/docs/galloway.htm

I've downloaded my pictures (105 of them!) from my Maine trip, and will be showing a few of them here and there. You know, when you take over 100 pictures, only a handful are really GOOD ones. Sheesh.

Here are some of the fifty LOBSTERS we cooked over a wood fire and enjoyed this past Monday...

How good does THAT look, says Rachael Ray!

I can brag that every day of my vacation I had lobster, clams or Italian sandwiches! Heaven!

Did I tell you I'll be going on vacation again in August? I had to negotiate that with my new job, as I had already booked my trip.

Well, today will be a busy day.

I wrote out some birthday cards around 5:15am, and Charlie got them into the mailbox when he went out to get the paper. I have laundry to do and lots of errands to run.

Have a great day and TTFN!

Comments:
Oreo cow? Well, I suppose if you use "cow" in the generic sense, but it should be obvious to even the most casual observer that the animal in that picture is no cow. :-)
 
Lobsters looked yummy and charlie is funny!! he he..
Off to work! I'm late ;)
 
Charlie...Stop LOOKING. ;-) xxx
 
Charlie is right of course, yet no one ever says, "Oh, there's an oreo bull, steer, only there's an oreo cow!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?