Tuesday, July 04, 2006

 

Day 134 - Happy 4th of July! Six Days to Employment!

Greetings, Bloggy Dudes and Dudettes!

Happy 4th of July! Sparklers for Everyone!

When the 4th doesn't fall on a weekend, it's a kind of 'been there, done that' feeling, because we've been celebrating for DAYS already.

But if this is YOUR big day off, enjoy that feeling of Independence today!

We are leaving the house early this morning. We are going to a 4th of July Road Race that my uncle and two of my cousins are running in.

Some of the other family members will be there to cheer as well. After that, we're going to get something to eat, and THEN it will be time to start my trek back to Tennessee.

I'm not quite packed yet, either, so I'm not going to 'blog on' for too long.

Yesterday we enjoyed a family lobster cookout. My uncle cooked all the lobsters in a big washtub over a wood camp fire. He filled it three times to cook fifty lobsters, and stirred the pot and lifted out the lobsters with a small hay rake. Talk about ingenuity!

Everyone brought out their lawn chairs (mostly the fold-and-put-in-a-bag style) and sat around in the shade or in the sun and chatted, as though we hadn't talked nonstop for 8 hours the day before. Do you know how many people have their clothing and chairs color coordinated? I wish I could be that organized... maybe...

All the younger kids were enthralled with the whole process, and sat on the grass watching (after they had had their fill of looking at the LIVE lobsters in their coolers first).

Most of us are starting to get a little sunburned here and there. I wore a different swimsuit yesterday so I have some 'scalding' going on where the other straps used to be. Oops.

I went swimming TWICE yesterday, once in the morning and once before supper. Aaaaah. That reminds me, one of my bathing suits is hanging out on the screen porch. I'd better go get it or it won't find it's way into my suitcase.

I'm going to get going - lots to do this morning and limited time to do it. Wish me luck on my trip home, and have a Happy 4th of July!

Joe - have fun at your cookout!

Heather - have fun at your cookout!

TTFN!

Comments:
Happy 4th! Had a nice cookout and Will stopped by this afternoon before we left to visit!!! That was a nice suprise!!
We're exhausted. Time for bed!
xoxoxoxo
 
Reader Notice: Due the weather and mistreatment of its customers by American Airlines, Karen did not make it to Nashville last night. She will arrive around midday today (Wed, Jul 5) and will make a blog entry when she can. I'm sure that she will have plenty to say about her travel adventures from yesterday. Oh - I should mention that she stayed in Washington last night, at a Hilton in Crystal City. So she managed okay.
 
How awful!!! Glad she did okay with finding somewhere to stay!! My poor Mamma!!! Thanks for the update, Charlie!!
xoxox
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?