Monday, July 03, 2006

 

Day 133 - One Week Till Employment!

Greetings! It's Monday!

You have entered the Bloggy Countdown to Employment!

One week from today I will be rising and shining with all of you and going to work. By the way, I am supposed to report for orientation (or disorientation) at 8am next Monday morning.

But enough of all that, I have ONE WEEK left to do 'other than work' type stuff, so I'll talk about other-than-work-type-stuff.

Yesterday's family cookout was superb - food, fun and family.

My uncle passed around a paper plate for everyone to sign (we do that at Thanksgiving too) to get a count of the attendees. He counted 77, and told me the plate actually had 82 names but that some of the kids had listed their DOGS as attendees. That made me laugh - no, I don't have a cousin named 'Curly'. We left for the cookout at 11am and arrived back home at 8:00 last night! Long day!

One of my first cousin's husband's has a broken leg. His little daughter TACKLED him and that's how he broke it. The little ones like to 'knock' on his cast. ;-)

One first cousin, who runs a fish farm, brought in wonderful barramundi fish (a type of sea bass) to grill for us. It was UNBELIEVABLE.

Another first cousin brought smoked salmon - it was also fantastic.

Don't worry - we also had hamburgers and hotdogs and potato salad and chips and dips and desserts and all that good stuff. Hotdogs cooked over a real fire are the best, especially if they start bubbling and split.

My nephew, who is in the army at Ft. Bragg, NC drove all the way up here for the festivities. He has a two week leave and will be driving off again today (after he goes to our lobster bake this afternoon!) to spend the rest of his leave time at my sister's.

Another first cousin's daughter just got married a week ago, so we could check out her new hubby and welcome him to the family. He is very nice.

At family get-togethers, you hear all the news and also check out who has changed spouses or boyfriends, who is expecting, who has gotten gray hair or lost their hair since you last saw them, who has gained weight, and who has lost weight. It's the way of the world.

Ok gang, coffee is ready so I think I'll get going. Later this morning some relatives are coming over to swim in the pool, and this afternoon we're having lobsters 'at the farm'.

You folks have a nice day and TTFN!

Comments:
"One of my first cousin's husband's has a broken leg." - Wow - I didn't know Maine was so much like Utah :)
 
Good gossip Mamma!! Glad you got to meet the new hubby and Will came up to visit! No wonder I haven't heard from him yet!!! He's always full of suprises! Well, can't wait to hear more about everyone and see some pictures!
We're going to a small cookout tomorrow. xoxoxoxo
 
Karen, I'm sad to see you go home tomorrow! We've had a wonderful visit with you-- Gil and I and the rest of the family! See you in August!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?