Saturday, July 01, 2006

 

Day 131 - Happy July!

Greetings, Bloggers and Blogresses!

It's July the Oneth, and it's Saturday! Are you enjoying your summer?

What does summer mean to YOU?

Nice weather? Vacations? Ice cream and fireworks?

Charlie won't believe it, but it is 5:51am here and FORTY-FIVE degrees. Maine can sure be cold at night in the summer!

Remember what I said about my grandmother letting me sleep on the porch even when it was cold? Did you realize it could be THIS cold on a summer night in Maine?

The photo you see here is of Cape Elizabeth Cove here in Maine. We went to Cape Elizabeth yesterday, but I didn't take this picture! You'll have to wait till my return to see some of the photos I took.

We visited 'Two Lights State Park' yesterday, and the fog horn was going and the waves were crashing against the shore. I do love the ocean and the Maine coast!

We had our lobster luncheon at Captain Newicks restaurant, and steamed clams to boot. Our waitress said they had been out of clams for several days, so we were lucky!

We had a get together at my Aunt and Uncles house 'on the farm' late yesterday, and stayed for dinner. We caught up on the family news and sat outside on their deck. As dinner was ending there was a popup shower on one side of the house, and no rain on the other side of the house!

I got a couple pictures of a small rainbow! I always think it's a special day if there was a rainbow.

Charlie sent me this photo of the blackberries he picked yesterday. Thanks, Charlie! XXX

A lot of our berries and vines dried up this year when we had our mini-drought.

July is blackberry and blueberry picking month in Tennessee, and I need to get out there and pick some once I return.

And yes, I'll have to do my berrying on the weekends, as I'll be WORKING again.

I don't know what the plans are for today, but I know they will involve more visiting and more eating! That's what people DO on vacation!

Well, I guess I've blogged enough for now. I'm going to go back to bed and read for a while so I don't wake up the whole house. TTFN and Happy July!

Comments:
Still jealous! Hope you're all having a great time! I had a blast working all day today...YUCK!!
Happy July!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?