Friday, June 30, 2006

 

Day 130 - The New Me (I Mean the New Blog)

Greetings, Bloggernauts! It's the new me! Happy Friday!

Can you see that I've changed the name of the blog?

I had to search the help files to figure out how to do that. Changing the name means I don't have to shut down this blog and start another one, since I can just change the name if I need to and GO ON with it.

I am sure you are happy about that. I haven't decided whether or not to change the 'Day XXX' counter though.

But anyway, the countdown is on to Employment! I start work July the 10th, which means I have TEN days of 'vacation' before I start work. Ten days, Ten days... Tick Tick Tick Tick...

I feel a mix of excitement and anticipation, and a bit of chagrin over a few things that I 'should' have accomplished during my layoff...

I should have washed my windows and vacuumed the window screens. (Hey, I've saved a lot of spiders from an early death. Peta should give me an award.)
I should have gotten all my doctor and dentist visits out of the way for the year. Oops. Who looks forward to THAT?
I should have cleaned out my closets.
I should have painted some rooms (I've been saying that for 4 years, so why start now?).
I should have traveled more. (Good grief, Karen, you travel all the bloody time!)

That's not too long of a list. I am sure every single person reading this blog would also like to clean out their closets and paint some rooms. AT LEAST I CLEANED THE OVEN!

The Prior-to-Employment-To-Do-List:
I need to open a new checking account in Franklin. I am still using the credit union where I used to work, and that won't cut it forever.
I need to do a wardrobe check and make sure I've got suitable clothes to wear. After my clearance shopping escapades, I have lots of slacks but very few blouses. I might need to go shop for some after I take inventory. Maybe I should shop a bit here in Maine where they don't have a tax on clothing. (Now you're talking, Karen!)
I need to start scoping out a new place to swim. Wish me luck on that one.
I need to go see 'Superman Returns', but I don't know if that belongs in this list or not.

Is that all? I guess so. If I think of more things I need to do, I'll let you know.

Well, it is only 5:47am here in New England, and I am going to go back to BED. That reminds me - in the whole time that I've been laid off, I have not once stayed in bed late. Maybe I should? I dunno!

Have a great day, everyone and maybe I'll add an update later on... TTFN!

Comments:
Karen, I don't have time to write in your blog as we're having too much fun visiting with you!
 
Yeah, rub it in Grammy...wish I was there!!! Hope you're all enjoying your lobster. Clyde's monster head has shrunken finally down to just slightly monsterous...looks like a dog now and not a cartoon anyway!! ;)
Tony's mowing the lawn & I got sandwiches from Briarwood...Steve says hello to you!! (He asks about you EVERY time I go in there to eat!! He remembers EVERYONE!!)
xoxoxo
 
Heather - we'll have to go to Briarwood the next time I am there and say Hello. Good luck to Clyde getting over his 'Monster Head'. xxx-ooo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?