Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Day 129 - Short and Sweet - While I Digest

Greetings, Bloggy Frequent Flyers!

It's 4:48am and I'm about to leave for that 'Fly and Park' place near the airport, where I will be whisked off to the front door of my airline of choice, and begin my trip to Maine.

Charlie is putting my suitcase in my Honda-CRV-4 Door-Color-White as we speak.

I can hear you now 'Good Grief - she gets a job and right away starts neglecting the blog'.

Nope, I just won't have time till late today when I am actually at my destination and possibly after I've already eaten a lobster or two.

Ayuh, y'all! ;-)

TTFN!

Update at 5:32 Eastern Time - I am here in Maine about to eat LOBSTER - that means you have to keep waiting for more bloggification!

TTFN!

Update at 6:28pm Eastern Time:

I am totally stuffed after eating Maine Lobster, accompanied by sauteed beet greens, grilled summer squash, and fresh garden peas. YUM-O, says Rachael Ray!

Later we have fresh strawberries and whipped cream to consume. If I ever get hungry again, that is. Can you believe it is strawberry season in Maine? In the South, strawberries come in the first week in MAY! We just had a thunderstorm, too, which sounded nice while we were eating.

New England and lots of other places have had WAY too much rain lately. My plane this morning stopped briefly at Washington National Airport to take on more passengers. I noticed how muddy and swollen all the waterways looked in D.C.

I flew into Boston, then caught an express bus to Portland, Maine.

While on the bus, I noticed a car sitting next to us at a light. Two things caught my attention. First thing - there was a bean bag ashtray on the dashboard of this car! The guy driving had his window down and was smoking, so I thought - 'What does this guy need the ashtray for anyway, as he's using the window as an ashtray'?

The second thing I noticed was the ELBOW of this man, resting on the window ledge of the car. He had THE dirtiest, grubbiest, blackest elbow I have ever seen on an adult. To be honest with you, I don't know if I've ever seen an adult with a grubby elbow, but now I can definitely say I have. YUCK-O! I could have skipped that view with no problem.

On the bus, they showed the movie 'Rumor Has It'. I didn't pay much attention to it, I just wanted to mention that they show movies on buses nowadays. Who woulda thunk it!?

Well, gentle readers, I plan to get up (somewhat) early in the morning and write my blog entry before we hit the road and go to Portland. We're going to visit with my aunt, see her condo, and go out for LOBSTER again for lunch at the famous Captain Newick's restaurant.

Have a wonderful night and wish me luck digesting all this food!

Comments:
Hey, Karen,
Have a great time in Maine and give my love to everyone. CONGRATULATIONS on your new job and that will teach me to not look at your blog for two days! I'm so excited for you; I hope you love it.
Love from Cousin Cathy
 
Thanks Cathy! Send me an email and tell me about YOUR new job! Hugs, -k
 
Hi Mamma!
I'm so jealous that you're in Maine eating LOBSTER!!! UGH! Give everyone hugs and kisses for us...wish we could be there too!!
xoxoxo
 
Thanks, Heather - I wish you were here too! It's chilly right now, in the 60's so you're not missing much! Hugs! xxxooo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?