Wednesday, June 28, 2006

 

Day 128 - Job Offer Received and Accepted, Thank You Very Much!

Greetings, all of you in the 'Land of the Employed'!

I'LL BE JOINING YOU SOON.

It took less than 24 hours after my second interview to receive an offer, and I didn't waste much time in accepting it, as it was where I wanted to go and in the PERFECT location for me to commute to!

I need to fill out some paperwork today and bring it in. Thanks for the reminder.

I start work at my NEW JOB on Monday, July 10th.

Tomorrow, by the way, I get on a plane and go visit the family in Maine for a long 4th of July weekend. Expect an IOU blog entry tomorrow till very late in the day.

Let's review the timetable for this job search, shall we?

June 12th - posted my resume on DICE and MONSTER.
June 14th - contacted by recruiter about this position.
June 22nd - telephone interview and scheduling for second interview.
June 26th - in-person second interview.
June 27th - verbal offer.
June 27th - notified the other recruiters that I am going 'off the market'.
June 27th - got rid of my resumes on DICE and MONSTER.
Each of the hit counters on DICE and MONSTER were for about 50 reads each on my resume.
June 28th - I'll pick up my written offer letter.
July 10th - Start WORK!

Well, there is not much more today to talk about, this is the BIG news and really BIG news it is!

Side notes:
My mind is racing at 100 miles an hour or more.
I think I tossed and turned half the night last night.
I only remember the manager and directors names, not my new team members.

I neglected to tell you something the day before yesterday...

When I finished my in-person interview, I walked out to the receptionist desk and realized I had left my handbag (the all-important handbag) back in the interview room.

The receptionist had to call and get them to bring it out. I am sure that clinched the position for me, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am a normal, spaced-out IT person. ;-)

So, whaddya think, bloggy fans?

And by the way - when I start work, I guess I should close down this blog and start another one, eh?

Well, I'll be busy today getting ready for my new job AND my trip to Maine. I'll be blogging from there on my Mother's computer.

Poor Charlie will be pining away at home while I am gone, and will probably do boring stuff like go fishing and make chili and watch hunting shows all the time on TV. :-(

TTFN, signing off to go print my boarding passes!

Comments:
Great! Now Charlie can relax knowing you are going back to work....
 
Thanks, Phil and Yes, Joe!
 
Karen:

They actually called me yesterday for a reference and put me on speaker phone with a panel of people. Give me a call if you want to hear the details. Love you and Congratulations!

Ronie
872-3463
 
Karen, We're so proud and happy for you! Can't wait to celebrate when you arrive tomorrow!
 
Karen, I'm so thrilled for you, even tho I sort of wished you could loaf forever. I too will be celebrating with you this weekend in glorious Maine!
I want to hear what they asked Ronie Powell! Not to be selfish we want to hear your blogging plan for when you return to work.
 
Nancy - you are already experiencing 'blog withdrawal' pangs and I haven't even stopped blogging yet! Take an aspirin and contact Doc Bloggy in the morning. ;-)
 
HOLY CRAP that's a lot of comments already!! Geez!!! You know we're both very happy for you, but will miss the blogging very much. I got an email from Jenn today upset that the blogging will be over when she read this morning's big news!!!
xoxoxo
Congratualtions!!!!!!
 
Sorry I haven't been keeping up, but congrats. I'm going to try to catch up, now that I have a little time.

Sadly, you got your offer two days before I got laid off. =(

-malachi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?