Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Day 126 - Wild Thing and Wildcats

Greetings, Bloggy Movie-goers!

Sorry to break the news but it's MONDAY again!

(The Evil Bloggyman chuckles madly)

Have you been to any movies lately?

Charlie and I never got around to seeing Mission Impossible III, and now it's almost out of the theatres. Time flies, I guess.

I guess I'll talk about some of my favorite movies for a bit. Many of the movies that come to mind are from the 80's - what happened with movies the next 25 years?

I dunno, until 'Lord of the Rings' I guess I didn't really go crazy over many of them.

Maybe you're still stuck in the 80's when you were YOUNGER, Karen... Well, maybe.

Last night I had a good laugh watching 'Major League' again - I hadn't seen it in a few years and in MY opinion it is a great movie. A tad raunchy maybe, but really funny. I want to cheer myself when the 'Wild Thing' walks up to pitch.

Another sports related funny movie from the 80's that the kids and I loved is 'Wildcats' with Goldie Hawn.

She plays a 'fresh out of suburbia' football coach in an urban Chicago high school.

Some of the Wildcat Cheerleader Cheers are classics like 'You Ugly, You Ugly, Your mamma knows You Ugly!'.

Again, this is another funny but slightly raunchy movie. I am sure the language is worse in 'Major League' though.

I've already mentioned that the kids loved 'The Lost Boys' Vampire movie. They also loved 'The Goonies' and 'Willow'. All of these movies made a bit of a comeback when they were released on DVD. Remember when movies weren't available on DVD yet?

If you haven't seen 'Parenthood' with Steve Martin, do me a favor and rent it. I think it is a wonderful movie.

Come to think of it - 'Terminator', 'Alien' , and 'Starman' came out in the 80's, and I love those movies too.

Side note about movies and shows from the 80's - you have got to get over the big hair and awful clothes people wore then. Truly makes me wince. Linda Hamilton's hair made her look like a sheep dog in the first 'Terminator' movie.

Backing up to the 70's you have the first 'Rocky' movie which I loved, and 'Star Wars', of course.

Well, I guess I've talked enough about movies this morning!

Moving right along...

You recall that I have an in-person interview at 2pm this afternoon in Cool Springs.

I think I'm ready for it, and wish me luck (again and again and again).

Gotta go swim first, then put on my interview outfit yet again! I'm getting good mileage out of it, and my famous interview shoes.

Training update - does anyone have an opinion about the worth of 'Brainbench' certification exams?

I took one just for fun (truly!) yesterday through my e-learning internet site. It was on 'Data Warehousing'.

I had 120 minutes (3 minutes per question) to take it, I finished it in 19 minutes (that means I read the multiple choice options and answered in less than 30 seconds per question), and I passed it, no sweat and no studying.

TTFN!

Update at 7:22pm -

My interview went fine - it was 2 hours long. I met and spoke with a group of five people, then a group of 2 people, then a manager and a director.

They asked quite a few questions, and I asked a bunch of questions too.

I should know one way or the other within a week. Keep wishing me luck!

Comments:
You're brilliant...that's why...
I remember all those movies..Wildcats is still one of my favorites..anything with Goldie is a favorite. And I LIKED that big hair...80's were great!!!
he he..
hugs
 
Oh, and good luck with the interview today!!
xoxoxo
 
Karen, It's coming up to 2pm my time, and I'm keeping you in my heart and prayers for another successful interview. Go Karen! So you are an expert in Data Warehousing now!

Heather, we remember your big hair back in the day!
 
Don't remind me! Don't remind me! xxx
 
What!! You didn't LOOOVE my big hair?? My platinum blonde gigantic head??? But Why?? ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?