Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Day 123 - It's Friday! That's Something to Sing About!

Greetings! Snoop Bloggy-Blogg here, singin' for y'all...

(Please sing this to the tune of 'Home, Home on the Range')

Ohhhh, give me a job,
Where I can still write my blog,
Where my hands on the keyboard still play,
Where seldom is heard, a discouraging word,
And with be-ne-fits greater than pay.

Home, Home I should be,
But to stay home would mean no moneyyyy,
A shorter commute,
With an increase to boot,
And my bank account growing each daaaay!

(applause, applause)

You wonder where I come up with this stuff?

This was running through my head at 5:30 this morning when I was half awake. I have to get it OUT of my head and then maybe it will go away. (Make the voices go away, Karen!)

I've got my big ol' mug of bloggy juice (coffee) here, and Charlie's lunch is made. He's aggravated because the newspaper isn't here yet. That happens just about every Friday.

I wish we could get on someone else's route and get the paper here EARLY, since we're EARLYbirds. We've even been considering getting a different newspaper if they can get that one to us EARLY. Of course, we do live quite a way from civilization, I wonder if that matters?

I have an interview at 9:30, and I'm going to leave PLENTY of time to get over there - you never know what the traffic is going to be like, though I'll be on the tail end of rush hour.

Do you get up in the morning on a 'special' day (or every day) and hope that something awful hasn't happened in the night to turn you into a gargoyle?

One little mosquito bite on your eye and your interview has no hope!

Now I have to go look in the mirror and see if a human looks back at me... I really did go look, and I'm ok. Panic averted, I don't have to go to DEFCON 3 or less.

When I was a kid, I got in the way of some smoke from burning leaves that also had poison ivy in them. Actually it's probably because I love the smell and got in the smoke deliberately. My eye swelled up like anything, and I had to wear an eye patch while it was healing.

Avast there, mateys! I'm a pirate, not a little girl! My friend PJ should get his daughter an eye patch if she doesn't have one already, knowing she loves pirates.

Gosh - I haven't done a quote of the day in a long time!!!

Let's do one about interviews, shall we?

Quote of the day:
'I interviewed Johnny Knoxville once. I was kind of scared to interview him because I thought he might be a real jerk, but he was really nice, and I ripped his chest hair out.' Rachel Perry

Well gang, I'd better get rolling here at the house. Lots of little things to do before I go out the door.

I'll let you know how it went this afternoon after I get home (gotta go swim before I come home). TTFN!

*** Breaking news **** Interview Update ****

Hi everyone - sorry it took me so long to get back online!

YES, the interview went fine.
YES, they liked me and actually appreciated all my YEARS of EXPERIENCE.
YES, they are asking me back for a second interview next week to 'meet everybody'.

The Director who interviewed me, by the way, was wearing JEANS!!!! Whoa!

Jeepers. Sounds like I'm going to have my pick, doesn't it?

In the meantime, I still have new places calling me. I've got to go reasearch one of them right now. This is a place I submitted a resume to in MARCH and they are just getting back to me, and not even about the position I applied for!

TTFN!

Comments:
I loved your song!!! Maybe you should be a professional blogger and songwriter!!???
Good Luck today and have a nice weekend!
xoxoxo
 
Hi Karen, I'll be waiting to hear how your interview went. I'm here in Prov having a good visit with Lyn and Steve. Gil is missing me, but I'll be back home soon! I remember when your eye swelled shut when out next door neighbor burned his stonewall in the Spring. After that we asked him to let us know if he was going to burn anything else so you could stay indoors!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?