Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Day 121 - Four Months and Counting!

Greetings, Endurance-Bloggers!

It has been 4 months now since I was laid off, and TODAY is my first in-person interview for a new position. (applause, applause)

I can hear you - it's about TIME, Karen - the rest of us have to work ALL the time and it's not FAIR that you are having so much fun.

I also have an in-person interview on Friday with a different place, a phone interview Thursday afternoon with yet another place, and I'm waiting to hear from two other companies. Whoa! When it rains, it pours.

My phone is still ringing too often for my liking, which means it rings and a recruiter is on the other end. ;-) Okay, I can't complain too much as they did tell me about companies and openings I didn't know about.

I can't blog for too long this morning, I need to go swim and then get ready for my interview and write down some questions I need to ask.

I'll put on my new 'interview shoes' I bought about a month ago that I've been wearing when I meet recruiters. (Buy one get one at Payless Shoes, I bought one black pair and one brown pair). Booooring and conservative of you, Karen.

So...does that remind you of something? When I got laid off and started my blog, I bought new fuzzy slippers that just 'made it work'. Maybe the same concept applies to my interview shoes. What do YOU think?

I PROMISE I'll write more this afternoon after I get home. In the meantime, wish me luck and TTFN!

I'm baaaaack - no, I haven't left yet - if I leave too early I'll just sit in rush hour traffic anyway.

Speaking of rush hour, I just wanted to mention that THREE companies I should be getting interviews with are within 20 miles of where I live, which is a FAR nicer commute than my previous 40 mile commute each way. A fourth company is moving where I want to be within a year or two.

As I said in a previous blog, the thought makes me giddy.

HOWEVER, eventually I will need to find another *sniff* place to *wail* swim, and I just don't know where I'll end up going...

Okay, TTFN #2!

Update at 3:30pm...

Hi everyone!

I know you've been holding your breath to see if I had a meltdown and went into hysterics when I stepped into an IT department and saw CUBICLES again! You know it's true...

First of all - it's 3:30 and I haven't even had lunch yet. It's heating up in the microwave right now. I'll blog while I chew, thank you very much.

Bottom line - the interview went fine. I spoke with FIVE different people and was there a bit over 2 hours.

The good news - The people seem nice, the equipment is great, and the work I'd be doing I think I'd like. I'd get a LAPTOP (that was a big bone of contention at my last job), the dress code is casual, and the location is wonderful.

The bad news - they are VERY busy right now and still growing very fast. The guy I'd be working for is stressed out and mentioned MONDAYS are always stressful - doesn't that sound just like ME?. The parking lot is over capacity, I would need to take turns being on-call for support, and initially they only give you a combined 15 days that includes both your sick and your vacation time total. That sounds kinda LOW to me! ;-)

Anyway - we'll see what feedback I get from them, and I should know in a week or two whether or not they'll make an offer.

TTFN #3!

Comments:
Good Luck with your interviews!!!
xoxoxo
 
Thank You!!! xxx
 
15 days sick and vacation? I don't think so!! 15 plus sick maybe. You love your vacations!
 
Ick...15 days!!! That's barely enough for ONE vacation...well, if it's only temporary and the vacation time will increase, guess it's not too bad to start...I think I started with 2 weeks combined which is really only 10 work days!
Good Luck either way!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?