Monday, June 19, 2006

 

Day 119 - Reading This Entry May Be Hazardous To Your Waistline

Greetings! Could I have those Greetings with a side of Mashed Potatoes?

Charlie is still abed this morning, and our company is still sleeping too because we stayed up late last night chatting and sitting out on the deck.

I am going to take a little time to tell you about our Father's Day dinner out last night, and our plans for the day.

By then, I think everyone will be stirring - stirring BREAKFAST, that is...

But let's start with dinner last night.

We all agreed that a 'Catfish House' for dinner sounded like a good idea, and might not have too long of a wait on Father's Day. Catfish is big here in Tennessee, and I cook it quite often myself.

Anyway - we went to the 'Caney Fork Fish Camp' restaurant in Nashville for dinner last night. It has a lodge theme and a waterfall and catfish viewing pond right inside the restaurant.

OF COURSE I used my coupon for a free appetizer - we ordered the little bites of catfish rolled in cornmeal and seasonings. Delicious!

My dinner entree was awesome - Salmon Oscar; grilled salmon topped with asparagus and lump crabmeat. It came with a baked potato and green beans cooked 'Southern Style' with lots of salty bits of ham in them. I thought the price of $15.99 was very reasonable for it. Our friend TY had the same thing.

Our friend SY ordered 'Blackened Grouper', and I tried a bite. It was also really good.

Charlie had the large sized Fried Catfish platter which had three big filets on it, with loaded mashed potatoes and green beans.

Hungry yet? Well, that's all I'm going to say about dinner.

We dodged some rainstorms last night, which we really needed, then they seemed to move off.

We sat around with drinks on the deck and told stories and talked about my job hunt and all that kind of thing. Before we knew it, it was 11:30pm and past time to 'Hit the Hay'.

By the way - company that 'brings stuff' is the best kind of company to have! Our friend CD always brings goodies and coffee and delicious bread and things when she visits.

Our friend SY is cooking breakfast this morning! She brought all the ingredients for a breakfast casserole, and this is how it's made...

The bottom of the casserole dish is lined with soft bread. Then comes a layer of crumbled cooked sausage. Then a layer of thinly sliced mushrooms (I sliced those last night). Then a layer of minced onion. Then a layer of minced green pepper (I chopped those last night). Then an 8oz bag of shredded cheddar cheese. Over all of that, a 6-egg scrambled egg mixture is poured. YUM-O!

In addition, she brought ingredients for a fruit salad. Who could complain about THAT?

When we've recovered from breakfast and cleaned up for the day, we are taking a drive to Mennonite Country (not Amish Country) toward East Tennessee. We plan to have lunch out there.

Have I talked enough about FOOD today? I think SO.

I'd better get back to the kitchen so I can unload the dishwasher and get things ready for our breakfast adventure.

TTFN!

Comments:
Blog sounds yummy this morning! And I will remember to bring you some goodies next time we visit ;)
xoxoxo
 
I love catfish! My first great catfish was in Memphis Tennessee. I forgot to let you know about my love of catfish when I visited you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?