Sunday, June 18, 2006

 

Day 118 - Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day out there in Bloggyland! (insert applause here)

I hope everyone is planning something special today.

Remember Dad with a card or a dinner out or a promise to be very very good all day and not hog the remote control. ;-)

We are going out to dinner tonight wherever we can find where the lines to get in aren't hours long. ;-)

'Fatherly memories' that spring to mind from my own childhood include:

Going camping (Ah, the pleasant agony of pitching a tent and 'Don't touch the sides' when it rains. I can still recall the smell of a canvas tent and the assorted 'plastic' smells of inflatable air mattresses).
Going fishing (The first fish I ever caught was a sunfish. Sometimes my sisters and I would just take our fishing poles and cast in the back yard where there wasn't any water. Why? I dunno.)
Getting a canoe (I don't know how many times we used it).
And last but not least - my father's gardening and landscaping prowess. He had a great strawberry patch when we lived in Connecticut.

Charlie got to choose his favorite breakfast this morning in honor of Father's Day, but he is doing the dishes while I write my blog. Thanks, Charlie!

Charlie received several cards, an e-card and a gift card.

Another Father's Day treat was to have a visit this morning from a wild turkey and a rabbit.

It's nice to see 'wildlife in action' around the place.

This 'big blob' is a female turkey sitting on our barn lot gate right before she flew down on the other side. She walked around for a while looking for whatever wild turkeys eat. We see her pretty often.

She looks pretty big, doesn't she?

Well, I'd better get a move-on.

************************
NOTICE - I may not be early posting my blog the next few days, as we'll have company. Try not to fall apart or call the national guard if I post later in the day. ;-)
************************

Happy Daddy Day! Love you bye!

Comments:
Oh No!! What will I do before work now????? Thanks a lot, company!!
Hugs and soggy kisses for Charlie on father's Day...some for you too!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?