Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

Day 117 - Domestic Goddess and 'Target Provider'

Greetings, Bloggi son of Blogliid son of Blogiim.

(That's a lineage kind of thing from 'Lord of the Blogs').

Hey, that would have been a good blog title. Maybe I'll do that the next time I'm laid off.

NOT. I just checked on the internet and a lot of folks have already used it. Well FINE then, I WON'T.

Here is a LOTB link with some cute illustrations...

http://www.yankeepotroast.org/choire/blogs.html

Anyway, I digress. I am supposed to be talking about my moment of Domestic-Goddessment.

I was filling the soap dispensers in the bathrooms, as I do whenever they get low using a big refill jug.

We have visitors coming for lunch in 2 hours and I'm doing the 'company coming' checklist thing AND trying to write my blog. This is not going to be a long blog, I need to dust!

Charlie was entranced. 'What's THAT you have in your hand?' he asked wistfully.

I explained the frugal functionality of refilling soap dispensers with a refill-sized jug rather than buying new ones whenever they get low.

He remarked that he thought I always bought new ones, although the size, type, shape, color, positioning and brand name on our dispensers has not changed in FOUR YEARS and one of them says 'Citrus Basil' scent on it. I love men, I do.

Charlie took a hesitant but eager breath and said - 'It LOOKS like you're about to use that bottle up. ' I agreed.

'CAN I HAVE IT? IT WOULD MAKE A GREAT TARGET!' He even explained WHY it would make a good target and promised to take it down to the barn. ;-)

Adopt a rapturous tone of a dealer describing a precious work of art...

The color of the bottle, the bright label on the front, the large size that could be filled with water before... exploding it. ;-)

And that, my dears, is the rest of the story.

You have a great Saturday and be careful, no matter what you explode!

Comments:
I like him shooting water bottles instead of those cute furry things he likes to hunt!!!
xoxoxo
Oh, and Happy Father's Day, Charlie!
 
PS, check your email for a card for Charlie!!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?