Friday, June 16, 2006

 

Day 116 - He's Fishin' For Trout and I'm Fishin' for a Job

Greetings, Bloggissimo's!

Yahoo - it's Friday! The weekend is almost here!

Yeah, yeah, you think that every day for me has been the weekend.

But I will definitely HEAR a difference this weekend, our phone and my cell phone won't be ringing constantly (I hope). ;-)

Catch any fish lately? No?

Because you've had to work? I understand.

Congratulations to Charlie for landing this whopper of a trout.

I would name it 'Bubba' but it was a female.

This big mama was 17 inches long (including head and tail, that is).

Charlie says it's the biggest trout he ever caught, so he's got to be pleased about that!

I cooked it up for dinner last night with the other small trout that he caught.

Please note that this one big trout almost filled the whole electric grill from end to end.

Side note - while I'm thinking of the grill, I remembered to give my friend DW some zucchini. She loves to cook 'em on the grill, and I do too. ;-)

Job Hunt Update - I *believe* the tug of war has been resolved between the two recruiting companies.

I have already had a 45 minute phone interview with the Database Manager of a prospective new employer, and they have already asked me to come in next week for a followup in-person interview.

Do you think that counts as a second interview?

The good news - this company is less than a half hour away (20 mins or so if no traffic), which is SOOO wonderful that I am almost delirious thinking about it. Location, location, location.

The good news - this company is building an environment with GREAT hardware and leading edge software.

The good news - this company has flex hours so I can come in early and beat the traffic.

The bad news - they don't have a lot of staff so a lot of the 'TEAM' is going to be... ME. ;-)

The bad news - their parking lot is PACKED. No cushy parking garage.

Sounds mostly good, doesn't it? That's how I feel. I'll know more next week.

I still have other callbacks to make - we'll see if any of those pan out.

Eeek - it's after 7 o'clock and my wash is done. Gotta run. TTFN and wish me luck!

Comments:
Luck Luck Luck!! Hope you get that one!!! How perfect!
Have a nice weekend!
xoxo
 
Thanks, Heather and Tony! xxx
 
Karen, I'm happy for your job prospect. Maybe it will be the one! As long as you can keep your vacations to Maine!
 
Exactly. Your mother has her priortity straight - visits to Maine! You know this already but since a lot of people are interested pick the job you know you'll love. You have time to be picky.
AND I love trout - I'm salivating over that photo!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?