Thursday, June 15, 2006

 

Day 115 - Egad, What Have I Done?

Greetings, Chief High Bloggy-mucks.

Kudos to Tom Krepcio for today's illustration - I pulled it off the web but I think it's a good idea to give him credit for it.

Well, when I posted my resume the other day, I didn't know it would be like this.

I miss my perfectly calm and uninterrupted life already!

I think it's time to turn back the clock and start over.

Our 'regular' phone has 2 messages on it that I haven't had time to respond to.

My cell phone has at least 4 messages that I haven't had time to respond to.

I am playing 'phone tag' with a couple of people. I need to meet with someone later today.

And the emails and letters keep on a-comin. I have had TWENTY-THREE email messages since June 12th in my special email that is for job related stuff.

I even got a LETTER (yes, snail mail) yesterday from the State of Tennessee, after hearing nothing for the longest time.

I even have DRAMA to report - after THREE days I am already in a tug of war between two different recruiters over one company's open position.

I also had another company in Memphis contacting local representatives in Nashville to tell them I am 'on the market' as the email put it.

Is that a good thing, or should I be feeling like a sack of sugar in the grocery store?

I guess it's nice to feel wanted.

I guess it's nice to feel validated.

I guess it's nice to know my skill set is being looked at with interest.

I want to go hide under a rock!

What are YOU going to do today, Karen?

Hide under a rock, thank you very much.

Well, I'm going to keep this short - I've got a lot to do today and the phone will start ringing off the hook soon...

TTFN and send me a secretary and a bodyguard please.

Comments:
Holy Moly!!!! You are a wanted woman! Guess you'll be back to work in no time at all now. :( Sad for the blog....Maybe if you tell your new job that you need an hour every morning to blog they'll understand. Ya think???
 
Karen, this just shows what we all knew--everyone wants you for your many skills. Hold out for short hours and lots of $$$$.
 
Booo Hooo Hoooo! Waaaaah! Freedom, Sweet Freedom! Oh yeah, it hasn't happened yet...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?