Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Day 114 - Interview With the Vampire

Greetings from Transylvania!

Look into my eyes. I vant to dlink your blog!!!

By the way - my favorite vampire movie is 'The Lost Boys'. I know my kids will agree.

No, I am not interviewing with a vampire today, BUT I have TWO, count 'em, TWO appointments to speak to ... gasp... two different recruiters this morning. Ouch.

Ok, you know that recruiters are unofficially known as headhunters, but Vampires came to mind so I'm a-gonna run with that one.

Pull up a chair and expose your jugular, please.

Yesterday it seemed like such a good idea - let these guys go to work on my behalf. After all, that's what they DO. I have absolutely been bombarded with phone calls and emails the last couple days. It seems like every worker in Nashville is a recruiter.

Today I keep asking myself - do I really want or need their help? Ah well, I will reserve judgement until I meet them, and you'll be the first to know what I think. ;-)

Maybe what I'm REALLY grumbling about is missing my swim at the pool this morning.
Maybe what I'm REALLY grumbling about is stepping ever closer to going back to WORK.
Maybe what I'm REALLY grumbling about is having to wear work-like clothing.
Maybe what I'm REALLY grumbling about is wasting precious time.

All this grumbling is making me laugh.

Have a swig of Bloggy Juice, Karen and get ON with it.

OK - on to other topics...

My son sent me an email that he went out on his friend's boat and a swan came after them. Sounds like a fun trip. I told him Charlie would take care of that swan for him. ;-)

Charlie brought in 3 summer squash from the garden yesterday. Thanks, Charlie!

I finished my e-learning lab and completed another course. This lab was interesting, and part of a Microsoft course. It connected you to a virtual machine (another server somewhere else) so you could do your lab using real software. What will they think of next?

Charlie overheard a woman at the store use the term 'Case Quarter', which he hadn't heard in a long time. I'd never heard of a quarter referred to that way.

A 'case quarter' is a 25 cent piece (a regular quarter), vs. 25 cents accumulated in any other coinage. Looking around on the web, it is believed to have originated in South Carolina.

DYING to hear more? Here's some of the discussion.

http://www.jquinton.com/archives/002386.html

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1671411

Well, I've got to go get in the shower, decide what to wear, gather up a bunch of materials, print out directions, and basically get ready for my 'Interview With the Vampire'.

TTFN!

Comments:
The word 'Headhunter' scares me. Always has! Be careful with those monsters and good luck! ;)
 
"case quarter." Southerners are weird anyway.
 
Ha Ha Ha!!! You're funny, Aunt Nancy!!!
xoxoxo
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?