Friday, June 09, 2006

 

Day 109 - Rise and Shine and Get Bloggy Wid It

Greetings, fans - it's Friday! The weekend is almost here.

Hey, you over there, sonny... Please don't touch the blog, I just waxed it.

There was a beautiful sunrise this morning...

I stood, gazing out at the sky's gentle colors as the new morning bathed the propane tank in spring radiance... (makes you want to weep, doesn't it?)

All is well with the world, except Blogger has been having trouble and won't upload my pictures this morning. I'll try them again later. Just imagine a picture of a sunrise in the upper left hand corner.

Quote of the day:
What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives? E. M. Forster

The mockingbird chicklets are starting to look less fluffy-chick-like and more bird-like. They're still camped out around the yard and still like to sit on the deck rails.

No sign of the mouse. Drat.

Changing subjects...

(insert feminine WAIL here)

An elderly lady at the pool had on a bathing suit like mine one day this week! Mortification!

Roll video clip from 'Peanuts' of Lucy marching in a circle saying 'Uck! Bluck! Poison! Dog Lips! Uck! Bluck!'

AAAARRRGGHHH!!! What'll I do? Pretend it never happened? Give that suit to Goodwill? Mortification!

Darn - it was my famous black and white zebra pattern swimsuit that I ordered out of the coupon section of the Sunday paper (with free shipping, I might add). I thought I was the only person in the world with one. Mortification!

Of course, there were some differences. This woman wears shorts over her swimsuits, reducing the exposure risk ratio to 50%. She also has a COMPLETELY different body type than I do, which actually made it hard for me to recognize that it was the same suit.

However, I KNOW IT, and SHE KNOWS IT, and now YOU KNOW IT. *sigh*

Pretend there's a photo here of a zebra patterned swimsuit SINCE BLOGGER WON'T UPLOAD IT.

(I just tried the photo upload again and it locks up every time. *sigh*)

Craving of the day - ever since we went to Florida I have been craving Oysters Rockefeller again. I stopped in at the 'Aquarium' restaurant at Opry Mills yesterday to see if they make them, and they said they do. I'll have to plan a dining trip there soon.

Oh - I went to the OUTDOOR pool area yesterday at the health club where I swim - after I had my exercise in the warm, indoor pool. (Actually I think I overdid it a bit water-jogging and my knee is sore this morning). It was an absolutely perfect day, bright sunshine, nice breeze, and in the 80's. Todays high - 88 degrees.

I am definitely going back there today and bringing my most recent book - 'The Chronicles of Chrestomanci'. Supposedly Harry Potter fans will like these books. I'll stake out a lounge chair in the shade and camp out for a little while in the breeze. Maybe I'll take a NAP.

That, my friends, is LIVING. TTFN!

By the way - I'll get the pictures posted eventually, as Blogger is still uncooperative.

Comments:
Karen, I know you look lovelier in your zebra-striped bathing suit than the elderly lady. "Don't worry, be happy!" Graduation this weekend here in Maine--3 family: Nina, Alex, and Wade; and on Nantucket, Kayla. Congratulations graduates everywhere!
 
I agree with Grammy...I say just kick that lady's butt and she won't come back to the pool!!
:)
 
Don't worry - I really don't care very much about it, but it was a good story for the blog!

My visits to the pool are for exercise, not fashion!

xxx
 
NOTICE! I HAVE TRIED A MILLION TIMES TO POST SATURDAYS BLOG BUT BLOGGER STILL HAS PROBLEMS. WILL TRY AGAIN LATER. XXX
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?