Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

Day 106 - Two for Tuesday

Greetings, Mr. and Mrs. Blogg.

Can I sell you a Fan Fair ticket?

I still have three and am trying to decide if I even want to go downtown tomorrow and try to scalp them, or just ignore the loss and maybe go to a concert or two myself. Or not.

NO, this is NOT my picture, kudos to 'Eringoblog' for it. I wish!

Charlie and I just witnessed Mr. and Mrs. Pileated Woodpecker at the suet feeder at the same time, one on either side of the pole. I say this every time - they are SOOO big!

I tried to take a picture and scared them off. Drat! I am sure now that who we see most of the time is Mr. Pileated Woodpecker, and he was taking the Misses out for breakfast this morning.

Meanwhile, Mockingbird Mamma is still running herself ragged feeding suet to her chicks, who are fatter than she is but don't know how to go get it for themselves.

No sign of the mouse since I bought traps. That just FIGURES (growl growl). Sheesh.

I am TWO gulps into my power-bloggy-juice (coffee). It is SOOO good! Set up the IV, Doc!

I was introduced (by an elderly lady in the pool) to a new power-exercise-training-tool the other day. TWO empty gallon milk jugs - one for each hand.

(I used to say that's why I wanted two children, one for each hand so I could hang onto them!)

There are three ladies who exercise three mornings a week and use the empty gallon milk jugs for a variety of exercises.

I was also told 'and they could save your life because they'll keep you afloat'. I guess I haven't mentioned that a lot of the water-exercisers don't know how to swim! They just exercise in the water!

By the way - you'll notice that I have been accepted and adopted into the 'retiree realm' - the retirees at the health club include me in their conversations now and try to give me advice. ;-)

One lady shared with me that her daughter had been laid off and didn't go back to work for a year. She was also in IT - what is it about this job that burns people out? Stress, I guess.

You've heard of the 'jaws of life'? Well I just invented the 'claws of life'.

That is when an old person grabs your arm in a vice-grip when they need help walking or need to steady themselves. They don't care WHO it is, but you'll be chosen if you are the closest body. ;-) The problem is when they grab onto someone who is equally as unstable as they are.

Ok, last topic before I close - it's getting close to 7am now...

Being unemployed gives me better access to clearance sales. (Have I mentioned that I probably spend more money being unemployed than when I was employed?)

I have never shopped at Hechts at the mall. That storefront used to be Proffitts, and before that used to be Castner Knotts department store.

Anyway - I checked out their 'Additional 30% off the markdown price' sale yesterday after swimming. I grabbed two pair of $42 Alfred Dunner Traveler career slacks for the paltry price of $13.99 each.

You're buying business clothes, Karen? Is there something you're not telling us? No, just that it's gonna happen eventually...maybe...probably...

'Traveler' clothes, by the way, are called such because they pack well, never wrinkle, and are mix and match kind of stuff. Competition brands are Chicos and Citiknits. Very nice stuff, and 'nuff said about that.

TTFN, have a nice day, and last chance for Fan Fair tickets!

Comments:
Do you want me to put the fanfair tickets on Ebay or list them on MYSPACE?? I'll bet they'd go quick on either place...or even Craig's list??? You CAN'T eat THREE tickets!!!!! That's a fortune!!
Let me know.
xoxoxo
 
I have several Chico's outfits (haven't seen Traveler's)that I have worn to various weddings and other events. At this very minute I am at work wearing a Chico's pants suit in preparation for going to a baseball game after work.

At my gym pool they have styrofom or (heavy) plastic weights--I'm sure the gallon jugs are much cheaper and work the same way. I sometimes take the Saturday water aerobics class and am thrilled that a many of the attendees are close to my age or OLDER--(most of the gym members are much younger but I try to ignore it.)
 
Sorry about the two entries - Apparently Heather's comment was coming in at the same time! and since mine didn't publish right away I hit Publish twice.

You would get a lot for those seats but I understand you do have the issue of distance from the venue - but don't you have FREE TIME?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?