Monday, June 05, 2006

 

Day 105 - Monday Mooning

Greetings, Bloggy Brides and Groom-age!

Monday has rolled around again, as it has a habit of doing... around once a week, come to think of it...

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary to Heather and Tony! A year goes by fast!

(A round of applause from the blog-pound with all the women going 'awwwwww' and making other gooey noises that only females make)

When I logged into Blogger just now - one of the blog entries that had just been posted was entitled 'Chuck Norris, I love you'.

Must have been a sign... of sorts.

Anniversary quotes of the day (I liked so many of them!):

It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. Rita Rudner

Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock. Author Unknown

Spouse: someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single. Author Unknown

Back to your regularly scheduled blog...

Our house company due this weekend never showed up. They postponed the first night and cancelled the second night, so we were FREE to BE. That's the way we like it.

Charlie and I went out for a Sunday afternoon drive yesterday, which we topped off by going out to dinner at the Santa Fe steak house. It's one of those places that feeds you peanuts beforehand to keep you entertained.

We joined the seniors and the Happy Hour crowd at the ripe old hour of 5pm for dinner. The two hostesses at the door looked like they were about 15 years old and couldn't keep straight whose table to seat someone at next.

I had a BOGO coupon too, which made it even better, as we got $14 off our ticket. YUM-O and Ka-ching. Charlie was served his beer in a quart mason jar.

We both had a grilled filet, baked sweet potato, and salad. I was also interested in a menu item called 'Chicken a la Lawnboy' - who thought that up? It's smothered chicken with spinach, which I guess is the lawn part of the deal. I would have liked that too. Charlie's the Lawnboy around here, and BOY am I thankful. XX-OO

Ornithologist Update - I spotted a barrel-bellied-suds-sucker perched on a stool at the bar there.

Coupon Update - I read in Kiplingers that coupon redemptions are way down nowadays. I don't use anywhere near as many coupons as I did in the 90's, so I agree.

It's supposed to be a lovely day today. After I do some housework, I'm gonna go swim, get some sun, and basically bask in the glow of my blissful unemployment radiance.

That hurt, didn't it? Apologies. XX

Literary Update - I've just finished reading a couple of dragonrider-related books - 'Eragon', 'Eldest', and also finished 'Enchantress from the Stars'. I am running out of stuff to read!! AArrgh! Actually, I just ordered the first four 'Dark Tower' books by Stephen King, and I just won an auction for the first four 'Witches of Eileanan' books, if I can just find something to read until they arrive. I need a library NEXT DOOR.

Gee, Karen, why don't you read a career-planning book? Shuddup, Evil Bloggyman.

Comments:
Thank you Mamma!!! One of my co-workers was looking at the pretty picture you posted and said..'oh, is that a CASKET??'...Yeah, sort of...ha ha. It's been a fun year and we're going to have a fun night at our dinner date. But first we must WORK...ugh. My anniversary should be a holiday!!!
 
Congratulations to Heather and Tony! What a year! Every good wish for many wonderful years ahead!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?