Sunday, May 28, 2006

 

Day 97 - Happy Birthday, Mom!

Greetings, Bloggy Birthday celebrants, and Bloggy un-birthday folks!

It's my mother's birthday today. Happy Birthday, Mom!

She has already opened her present from us that I mailed earlier this week - a pink 'Nashville' baseball cap and matching t-shirt.

She was going to save her birthday cards to open today.

I found this photo of a chocolate cake on the internet - chocolate is her favorite. My favorite cake is chocolate cake with white icing, by the way.

Thanks for being a great mother, Mom! Happy Birthday (again)!

I hope you won't mind if I post this picture - check out the cats-eye sunglasses. ;-)

I don't remember whose birthday it was (or even if it was for a birthday), but one of my sisters made a cake once that was so hard we could have sharpened knives on it.

We threw it out the window, by the way. That made me chuckle out loud.

My sister is a great cook now, never fear.

Coincidentally, this is also the birthday of a former co-worker, so Happy Birthday to Carl, too!

It's nice to have a birthday that sometimes coincides with a holiday weekend. Very occasionally that happens to me too, with MLK day in January.

It's also nice to have a birthday in a season with nice weather. My birthday and my daughter's birthday are in the winter - so you can't have outdoor parties and things like that to celebrate. (Roll sound clip of sympathy moans from the audience).

Celebrity Birthdays May 28th:
Ian Fleming, 1908
Gladys Knight, 1944
Jim Thorpe, 1888


Quote of the day:
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. Larry Lorenzoni

Well, it's already 9:30 and I think I'd better get some things done because we're running errands, going to go see the new X-men movie, and we have company coming for dinner (Our company is BRINGING us dinner - that's a new twist!).

We've already been up, read the paper (which was late again), and had breakfast.

Charlie's breakfast - 3 slices of french toast with butter and real Maine maple syrup, 3 slices bacon, and fresh sliced tomato.

My breakfast - bacon, egg and tomato on a light Thomas's english muffin.

I made my wontons yesterday! I'll write about that on tomorrow's blog.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Comments:
Happy Birthday Grammy!!!
By the way, your quote of the day was on the card I ALMOST bought to send Grammy!! How funny...
Tony's helping his friend move and I'm relaxing watching a movie. Beautiful day today!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
 
Hi Heather (and Tony)! It's hazy, hot and humid here, going to be in the low 90's today. Have a nice Sunday! Talk to you later!
 
Karen, How nice to be recognized so sweetly on your blog! It's been a wonderful day, very touching cards and generous gifts. Thank you for yours and Charlie's. We're leaving for pizza at Ray and Mary Ann's, followed by my chocolate birthday cake with chocolate icing compliments of Lyn who baked it this afternoon! We also swam in the pool this afternoon including Debi who came over for a visit. Gotta Go! Love ya!
 
HB, Karen's mom! So, is it, like "muscle-man" Carl's BD too?
 
Hi Ross! Yes, it's Fitness Guru Carl's birthday too. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?