Saturday, May 27, 2006

 

Day 96 - Wonton o' Fun

Greetings, Memorial-Weekend-Bloggies!

Superman, Charlie and I hope you are doing something special this weekend. ;-)

It's supposed to be 90 this afternoon, by the way. If I'm going to go outside, I'd better do it soon.

I never got around to making up the wontons yesterday. Sorry, Heather! I am going to make them today though.

I made a batch of 'black and blue' jam yesterday instead (that means a mix of half blackberries and half blueberries) because I knew Charlie's brother was coming over and I wanted to send him home with some jam.

Charlie and his brother are busy out in the barn hammering something. Doing man stuff. Charlie hit his finger with the hammer the other day and said 'that always happens when you start a project and it's better to get it out of the way early'. ;-)

I need to go outside and see if we have any strawberries left out in the strawberry patch.

We've already got a few gallons of berries frozen in the garage freezer.

We had a great crop of strawberries this year, thanks to Green-Thumb-Charlie! (I guess he might be 'sore thumb Charlie' at the moment).

Here's a photo I took the day we came back from Florida.

I keep forgetting to tell you that we got up that last morning in Florida, packed up, loaded the car, drove 8 hours back to Tennessee, then had a 'strawberry emergency' and had to get busy picking and washing and capping and freezing berries before they got too ripe! We were pretty tired.

I'll have to plan our vacations around strawberry picking time - as WE are the field hands.

Well, I'd better put on an old T-shirt and old sneakers, chapstick and bug spray, and hit the strawberry patch. It is 7:38am and 74 degrees.

TTFN!

Update at 9:02 - I managed to get a few pints of strawberries out of the patch - ones that haven't been too pecked on, bugged up, or gotten mushy.

I'll give a few to Charlie's brother and still have enough for dessert. ;-)

Bye again!

Comments:
Yumm-o!!! those strawberries looked great!!! Will those make ME some jam????? MMMMMMMMMM

Muggy here today. Just got home from the shop and we were going to mow, but it started raining..then Clyde caught a sick bird (it was trying to fly and just dropped to the ground!!) and I was going to keep it and try to save it, but it died in my hands...I'm very sad.
:( Poor birdie.
 
Aw, Heather - that must have been traumatic! Do you need more jam already? Just let me know! xxx
 
No, don't need any yet, but I will at some point...
Yes, Tony and I were very upset about the bird. Don't know what was wrong with it..sick or injured...but I couldn't save it. Poor baby.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?