Friday, May 26, 2006

 

Day 95 - I Made Charlie's Lunch, OK???

Avast there, ye bloggy-eyed swabs!

It's Friday and a long weekend is coming up!

Rejoice and be merry, for I predict that next Tuesday will feel like a Monday.

Here in the south, the temperature has risen from 'darn cold' right to 'darn hot' in a few days.

Here is a photo of my son, freezing to death the morning after Mother's Day.

I think the temperature in the den was around 65 degrees. Chilly.

The last couple of days have been near 90 with thunderstorms around again. We had a good thunder and lightning show overnight last night, and yesterday morning while I was swimming there were thunderstorms.

Question - is it safe to be in an indoor pool (with glass walls) while there is lightning around?

I didn't feel really good about being zapped in the water, but I didn't get out either! Death-defying swimmer that I am.

It's Friday, which means our newspaper was late.

It's always late on Fridays. Our newspaper guy must go out and party on Thursday nights or something.

Poor Charlie - yesterday no lunch, today no newspaper.

AND BY THE WAY - Charlie didn't even have to go out for lunch yesterday - a coworker did the 'gophering' and brought back everyone's orders from Wendy's.

Now tell me this - which is better - Wendy's or peanut butter and jelly?

I can't get over the fact that the most comments I've ever received on any topic on my blog was about Charlie's LUNCH. Good grief - what do I spend an hour a day writing for anyway? (She says with a fetching little snarl.)

Moving right along...

It's Memorial Weekend, so here's a big THANK YOU to all our veterans and soldiers out there. If you want to learn more about the origins of Memorial Day, here is a link:

http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

I went to a blood drive and donated blood yesterday. I got a little heart-shaped pin with stars and stripes and 'Remember' written on it, and a t-shirt for Charlie.

Everyone else giving blood at two o'clock in the afternoon were retirees. They were great fun. One guy was wearing a shirt that said 'The older I get, the better I was'. He was originally from Boston, so we had a nice chat about the cold ocean waters of New England.

By the way - without any stress and with all the swimming, my blood pressure and pulse rate have gone DOWN since I've been out of work. No big surprise there. ;-)

Well, I have a busy day planned with lots of errands to run and MAYBE a new batch of homemade wontons.

TTFN!

Comments:
Mmmm..send ME some wontons!!!
xoxoxo
 
Hey, the weather here in Maine is beautiful, about 75 at noon. I'm out working in the flower beds, Gil is trimming 2 properties, ours and his step-father's.

Honestly Karen, we love your blog on any subject--keep writing. You know what not to write about!

Happy Memorial Day weekend. Yes, we'll remember our soldiers!
 
Oh,and my 'pooper' looked so cute bundled up on your sofa!!
Happy Memorial Day!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?