Wednesday, May 24, 2006

 

Day 93 - Country Music, Anyone?

Greetings, Cloggers and Bloggers!

I want to talk about the CMA Music Festival (aka Fan Fair) today.

I can hear the sounds of thousands of computer mice as they simultaneously click the little X to close their browser windows.

I've been to Fan Fair several times, and always enjoyed it. The photo above is Carrie Underwood, btw.

Last year, I bought tickets for this year the very first day they went on sale (and stood out in the rain to do it, by the way).

I bought 5 tickets, one for myself and 4 for the kids and their 'significant-others'.

Well, it turns out that this year we're not going.

My daughter and son-in-law just bought a house, so they can't come.

My son was just here, and it was his former girlfriend who wanted to go, so he doesn't need tickets.

This photo is Travis Tritt and band.

I have a funny story to tell about receiving the Fan Fair tickets.

Last week, the actual passes arrived via delivery service, and I signed for them.

When the guy delivered them, I told him 'Well, thank you very much. These are Fan Fair tickets and I can't go. Do you want to buy them?'. He laughed and said no.

Well, yesterday our phone rang. It was a woman who the delivery guy had talked to who might want to buy a couple of them! She has to talk to her sister and get back to me.

If anyone who reads this blog wants to buy some excellent sold-out floor seat Fan Fair tickets, 18 rows from the stage, please leave me a comment fast!

By the way - scalping tickets is perfectly legal in Tennessee so I think it's ok to talk about tickets on 'da blog'.

Back to Fan Fair talk...

The good:

The bad:



I have a special umbrella that blocks the sun's rays, but I can't use it!

They take away any food or bottled water at the Coliseum gate, forcing you to pay for their overpriced stuff. My mother did get inside with a bottled water, insisting she needed it to take her medication. ;-)

I am sure there are other Fan Fair stories to tell, but I can't think of any so I'll close for now.

Have a nice day, everybody! Yee-Haw!

Update at 1:00 pm...

I've got takers for 2 of my Fan Fair tickets, they're going fast! Three left!

TTFN!


Comments:
Tony and I were just talking last night about how we were going to miss being at fan fair this year! It even more depressing hearing that OUR seats are going to STRANGERS!!!! Wish we could've gone!!! :(
 
Well - do I dare buy tickets for next year when they go on sale, or do we take a Fan Fair break?
 
I don't know...guess I'll ask Tony and see...I'd love to!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?