Monday, May 22, 2006

 

Day 91 - Vacation Wrapup

Greetings, Bloggy Beach Bums!

I really am going to wrap up the Florida topic, though I feel like I've hardly scratched the surface of all the photos I took. ;-)

Two things I haven't mentioned yet...

#1 - Charlie brought his metal detector with him to find buried treasure on the beach.

He was one of THREE folks during the week who we saw using metal detectors to find objects under the sand.

Midweek, Charlie took a photo of his 'finds' to date. Grownups AND children liked to ask Charlie what he was finding, and it was great fun.

Charlie found an interesting archeological assortment of rusty nails, other metal objects like hairpins and bottle caps, AND ALSO CHANGE. Charlie ended up with about 40 cents worth of pennies, nickels and dimes. He threw away a piece of copper pipe and a chunk of plumbers lead.

Personally, I am glad for every rusty nail that is found and safely disposed of. Safety tip - wear shoes on the beach, folks! After all the hurricanes there is a lot of debris under the sand.

Charlie spoke to a man who was using a very expensive metal detector on the beach, and he told Charlie that once he found a lost wedding ring for a couple who were honeymooning!

#2 - While Charlie was 'sand sleuthing', I was walking around looking for shells (which I love to do).

I believe the hurricanes and winter storms have deposited more shells on the beach, because I found shells pretty easily and some years it seems like all the shells are gone!

My favorites - the two tiny scallop shells right in the center.

Why is it fun to go collect shells? I don't know! Maybe I like to 'discover' something that's pretty and FREE.

So, all in all, a very nice trip, and not too expensive!

We spent around $50 or so each way on gas, ate out a few times, and ate IN a lot too. It helps to have a place with a kitchen so you don't have to eat out every meal.

So to close, I MUST put in my picture of the moon, which was rising as I was taking photos of the sunset in the opposite direction.

Pretty neat, eh? Moon-age!

Have a nice Monday and TTFN!

Love you bye!

Comments:
I love moon pictures, and this is very nice, Karen! Also the shells--much prettier than rusty old nails!
 
Save me that pointy little shell over just to the right above the center; no, not that one; yes, that one; no; ok, whatever.
 
Ross - you mean that one that looks like the other one that was near that nice one?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?