Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Day 90 - Vacation Memories - Part VII

Hello, Blogregation!

We are having thunderstorms right now and the lights are flickering, so I'd better post my blog entry later today when they've gone by!

TTFN!


Update at 11:49am... The storms have gone by but we may get more later on today. Charlie has just spent the last couple of hours fixing a clogged drain tube in our upright freezer in the garage. Thank you so much, Charlie! Good job!

The bad part about that - we had to unload and reload all the stuff in the freezer.
The good part about that - I threw away a lot of stuff. So long and good riddance.

Back to our regularly-scheduled 'gotta finish up the vacation pictures' blog. I really haven't finished telling about our trip, but here's a few things I don't want to miss saying.

Sunsets, sunsets, sunsets.

You'll notice that this picture of the Tiki hut at our resort looks especially nice at sunset.

The sunsets we saw were fantastic.

I wish I could have taken shots at night of the beautiful full moon on the water, that was equally awesome.

Yesterday's blog entry had an earlier shot of the Tiki hut just before sunset.
I deliberately shot a bunch of photos to get the 'ideal' picture post card image.

Charlie patiently waited with me OUT IN THE WIND while I took picture after picture after picture after picture after picture.

By the way, I should put in a plug for lithium digital camera batteries - they WORK. I'll never buy another kind.

Sometimes I used the digital zoom on the camera, sometimes not.

Another thing I wanted to mention was the HUGE waves we experienced during our stay. By the way - the huge waves made for a VERY unpleasant deep-sea fishing trip.

We rocked and bounced and spun our way to getting very seasick after catching just three fish, so we'll just have to plan to catch a lot of fish the next time we go. :-)

'Nuff said about that except that it was the first time I got to throw up over the side of a boat. I am SO proud...

The huge waves were IDEAL for the surfers though, and I took MANY photos of the surfers near Pier Park to try to get some good ones.

What do you think? This one is my favorite, and it really looked more like Hawaii, not Florida!

There were at least 25 surfers out there, all in a line 'catching some waves' on both sides of the Pier.

It was a GORGEOUS blue sky day, after heavy surf and high winds from storms the night before.

Another item I've been meaning to mention was the demolition of a hurricane-damaged property next door to where we stayed.

There is a lot of reconstruction going on up and down the Gulf as a result of hurricane damage. We went through several construction zones every day.

The sign on the front said the property had approximately 200 feet of Gulf Coast frontage.

Ok, that's very nice...

The asking price for the property shown here - 18 MILLION dollars. Ouch. Guess that won't be on my retirement list.

When we arrived in PCB, just the end of the property was badly damaged. By the time we left PCB, a bulldozer had taken it all down, and just rubble remained.

Well I think LUNCH is calling, so I'll close for now! Have a nice Sunday!

Comments:
Hi Mamma,
We've got terrible thunder storms here at the moment. It's been beautiful all day though. We bought three weeping cherry trees to replace the forsythias and will plant them next weekend. We'll be buying 3 more (white ones) once we find some..everyone just had pink. Those sunset pics are BEAUTIFUL! Good job!
Have a good week!
xoxox
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?