Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Day 85 - Vacation Memories - Part II

Greetings, Bloggy-eyed Readers!

For the first time since I was laid off, I overslept this morning - until 6am.

For some reason I don't feel too guilty about that, because I still had time to make Charlie's lunch and see him off to work.

I've got my power-bloggy-juice latte' going, and I'm a-ready to blog.

Mouse update: No sign of it. Good.

House-company update: My son and I are having a great time watching movies and eating too much - we went to see 'Poseidon' yesterday afternoon (which we both enjoyed - except we had eaten almost all our popcorn before the movie started), and have also watched THREE dvds since Sunday - X-men 1.5 and 2, and 'Pirates of the Caribbean'.

That reminds me of a Christmas week a couple years ago when my cousin came to visit. We watched movie after movie for a whole day, and when Charlie came home from work we were still in pj's and slippers. That was such fun! I also have an occasional 'movie marathon sleepover' with the gals from work, and we stay up late watching movies and munching out.

ANYHOW - back to your regularly scheduled blog - Vacation Memories Part II.

FOUR mornings while we were in Florida we trekked over to the St. Andrews State Park early in the morning. This photo is the path we take down to the lagoon area.

We carried our bags of snorkel gear, sunscreen and towels down to the same spot we'd enjoyed during our last trip to Florida two years ago.

The State Park has a lovely, sheltered lagoon on a jetty with lots of fish to look at while you're snorkeling.

I thought Florida was the land of senior citizens who don't sleep - yet the state park doesn't open till 8am.

Jeepers! We'd already been up for a couple of hours and I'd already posted to the blog by then.

As a matter of fact, the first morning we got there before the park opened. We got to watch all the activity that happens when people come up to the gate, realize it isn't open, and try to turn around and get in line for a spot.

We also witnessed a 'cheater' who had a gate pass to open the gate for himself, and also slipped his buddy's car in behind him. A ranger caught them and gave them a stern lecture and then sent the 'buddy' to the end of the line to wait and pay with everyone else.

The reason we go so early in the morning is to escape the burning rays of the Florida sun AND the crowds that appear later in the day. It is peaceful and beautiful in the early morning.

Here is a picture of where we snorkel. All along the area you can see and farther out - it isn't very deep.

Well, it's 7am already and you've been introduced to the State Park.

You'll just have to wait on pins and needles till tomorrow to see the wonderful underwater photos we took.

Charlie bought two disposable underwater digital cameras (one for each of us) to use, and the underwater pictures came out great!

What's that, you say? You REALLY REALLY want to see ONE today? Oh, all right.

Wait a minute and I'll upload one...

Ta Daaaa! Here he is, the Master of the Deep, patrolling the waters of the Florida lagoon.

My Loch Ness Lovey, Charlie! I didn't say I was going to show you the FISH today, did I?

All righty then, enough of all that. TTFN!



Comments:
I would love to meet that "fish" while snorkeling!
 
Karen, Why did that awful mouse have to come after those beautiful pictures from Fl, especially Loch Ness Charlie? Catching up on reading your great blogs now that we're back from our Providence/Rehoboth trip (Yes, we almost floated back to Maine!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?