Thursday, April 27, 2006

 

Day 66 - Encore, Encore!

Greetings, Bloggy Dudes and Bloggy Babes!

First - so long to American Idol contestant Kellie Pickler, who was Charlie's fave for a time. He is torn now between rooting for Paris or Katharine. I don't think he feels comfortable rooting for a MAN. Elliot is still my favorite, followed by Katharine or the rocker dude with the shaved head whose name escapes me. Chris! That's who he is.

Male pattern baldness (not my made-up male pattern blindness) runs in my family. As I think THEY are good looking, I personally think men are attractive with or without hair on their heads. (But let's not forget Legolas and his lovely long blond (wig) locks. Insert deep sighs and giggles from all the women reading this blog.)

Quote of the day:
I'm just a fat bald guy, 60 years old, singing the blues, you know? Joe Cocker

One of my favorite 'shaved bald' men was a guy at a local pizza place near work named the 'New York Experience'. He had kind of a 'cool guy meets WWF wrestling' aura about him. I affectionately named him 'Chemo-head' after patting him on the hand one day and asking him how his treatments were coming along. I also called him 'Chemoski' sometimes.

He took it all very well, and when I called in an order to go one day I found out that he had a nickname for ME too. I said 'Do you know who this is?' after telling him our order. He said in a resigned voice - 'Yeah, Hi Crazy Lady'. I am SO proud.

The restaurant has closed now, but we had many wonderful afternoons there eating way too much pizza, and Stromboli on Tuesdays. They made something called a 'giant pizza' - which you had to eat on-site because it didn't fit in any standard pizza box, and was twice the size of the largest pizza I had ever seen. They would balance it on two round pizza serving trays, and one giant pizza could feed (aka STUFF) five or six people. It was 'the bomb'. The Stromboli was the size of a small loaf of bread, and probably had a pound of cheese in it.

Who could eat the most pizza in our group? Our own buddy Phil who comments on the blog sometimes. Congratulations, Phil!

Good grief Karen, can't you write a blog entry without making me HUNGRY? Well, I guess not, because it's 6:30 in the morning and I haven't had breakfast, just coffee!

Changing subjects....

I want to include another photo from our Fall Creeks Falls trip.

Doesn't the shape of the upper rock formation look like a foot? Okay, yes there are 6 toes instead of five but that happens sometimes, doesn't it?

Anyway - I think it looks like a foot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. This trail splits off from the trail that is marked as 'suspension bridge'. We didn't see the bridge, though - we must have done something wrong or the bridge is no longer there!

Changing subjects AGAIN...

Job Hunt Updates:

I submitted a resume yesterday to Nissan. As you may know, they are moving their headquarters to Nashville, and according to the newspaper most of their current staff doesn't want to leave California.

I've had 2 phone calls about jobs this week. One was in Milwaukee and one didn't pay enough.

I started taking one of the e-learning training classes. It's OK, but for some reason it doesn't recognize my delete key when I am doing the labs, which is an aggravation. If I hit 'next' it does the delete for me, so I think I'll live with it. By the way - the classes have audio, which is an improvement over other computer based training where you have to read everything.

Well, this is getting LONG so I'd better close. This afternoon I'm going to see 'Inside Man' with some gals from work. I also have training to do, swimming to do, and a bunch of errands to run. TTFN!


Comments:
I missed last night's Idol elimination...bummer. I loved listening to all the ditzy things Pickler would say! She was the next in line to go, though. I hope Elliot wins it..he's my favorite, or the brunette that you guys like..what's her name??
We were watching 'HOSTEL', have you seen it yet? Based on true events..very good!! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?