Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Day 58 - My Apprentice

Greetings, Blog Buddies!

I downloaded my (few) Easter photos this morning, to see if I had something inspirational there to blog about. ;-)

Let me introduce you to Fred, my new computer blogging apprentice. Yes, he climbed up on the computer desk and was sitting ON the monitor. You can just barely see my hand on the mouse.

Fred kept me company in the mornings at my daughter's house while I was blogging and the rest of the household was sleeping.

Fred enjoys climbing on everything and anything, and has learned (just like a baby, actually) what fun it is to knock objects off surfaces to see them crash. ;-)

I watched him 'toggling' a vase with his paw, seeing how far he could go before tipping it over.

I stepped in the shower and every single item - every bottle of shampoo, creme rinse, body wash, and the soap was in the bottom of the tub.

He uses tissue boxes as punching bags, always knocking them off their positions.

In short - you don't need a poltergeist in your home, you need Fred.

Thanks, Fred. ;-)

Changing subjects now...

Confession: I hate my current box of trash bags, and I refuse to throw them away (in the trash) until they are used up. It figures that the box of trash bags I detest is the super mega jumbo multipack box that has THREE HUNDRED 13 gallon annoyances in it. *sigh* They just are a speck too small for our trash receptacle, which means they always slide off the rim and have to be fixed. Grrrr...

It's like the bacon thing - why can't packages of bacon or trash bags be consistent?

Did I already tell you about the year my son moved into his first apartment? I asked him what he wanted for Christmas, and his answer (said with a straight face) was 'Trash Bags'. I do believe that young adults never realize that items like trash bags, shampoo, soap, kleenex and toilet tissue don't just grow in the house somewhere.

Quote of the day:

Benjamin Franklin said there were only two things certain in life: death and taxes. But I'd like to add a third certainty: trash. And while some in this room might want to discuss reducing taxes, I want to talk about reducing trash.

Ruth Ann Minner

When I had kids in the house, I used to be a triple coupon shopaholic. I don't use many coupons nowadays because I'm only feeding myself and Charlie. I would deliberately match the supermarket sales with my coupon stash (which was huge because we pooled coupons at work), and come home with just about anything I could get for pennies.

My daughter wistfully recalls all the gallons of hair products we used to have in the house.

The top of the refrigerator used to be filled with boxes of breakfast cereal. My son could eat a box a day, and often he would eat dinner, then have a bowl of cereal immediately afterwards to 'fill in the appetite cracks'. The overflow cereal we could not consume I would send over to my sister for her three boys.

By the way - if you're a woman who has to watch calories, you love to see teenage boys eat. I could gain a pound just watching them. I love to cook for kids, or take them out.

My mother had the best idea. She would take my nephews to 'all you can eat' buffets, which was about the only place that could fill them up. They could eat till they couldn't hold any more, then come home and hit the refrigerator. ;-)

Gee - it's getting late so I'll do a posting and see if I feel like bloggin' on any more.

Have a nice day!


Comments:
So glad to see that you introduced my beautiful Fred to the world. No pictures of the very scary Clyde?? Guess he wouldn't pose for a picture, huh? Did you take the FOOD pictures with you from our lunch??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?