Saturday, April 15, 2006

 

Day 54 - It's Easter Eve and All is Well

It's Easter Eve, Bloggers and Blogesses! Is everybody ready?

Tonight you'll put your Easter baskets by the chimney, and the Easter Bunny will come and fill them overnight while you're sleeping.

(That's the way it goes, right?)

I am hoping the Easter Bunny remembers to fill my basket with low fat egg-substitute and candy made with Splenda. After all, we're more health conscious these days. I'm kidding! I'm kidding!

Big news - Congratulations to Charlie for a successful fishing trip yesterday! Way to go!

Here's a photo of his catch. YUM-O!

These trout were caught in the tail waters of Tim's Ford on the Elk River in Tennessee.

Five, count 'em ladies and gentlemen, five lovely fresh trout are in the freezer today, waiting for me to come home and cook them in lemon pepper and olive oil. Mmmmmm...

Charlie had two sly little trout get away, but he has five keepers and the picture to prove it.

Meanwhile, a thousand miles away in New England, the family is gathering, and gathering, and gathering...

My daughter and I began our day going to Dunkin Donuts yesterday morning. Dunkin Donuts is an institution here in New England, with coffee shops every couple of miles, but you can't even find one in Nashville. I have to buy their coffee here and bring it back with me.

I had ICED coffee, by the way, another rarity in Nashville. Southerners want their tea cold and their coffee hot. I like tea cold AND coffee cold. It is twenty three ounces of liquid deliciousness. Heather had their hot chocolate that is very creamy and frothy. She gets one just about every day.

After that, we went shopping at 'Ocean State Job Lot', a Rhode Island based chain that is similar to 'Big Lots'. They have a mixture of hardware, stationery, gadgets, food, and housewares at discount prices. Between us we lugged away 50 bucks worth of goodies - food, drinks, books, spices, and whatever struck us as 'a good deal'.

Then it was time to go out to lunch. When I'm in New England, I have to have seafood. We went to one of my favorite seafood places named Perellas in Warren, Rhode Island. It's just a small, family run kind of place that makes wonderful clams and calamari. We were the only customers in the dining room at lunchtime. They only open for lunch on the weekends.

We ordered a small appetizer of calamari with hot peppers and garlic, and the serving was enough for 4 people. We had to take the remainder to go.

We each devoured a large order of steamed littlenecks - mine steamed with garlic and Heathers with garlic and oil.

Littlenecks are small quahog clams - if you don't know what they are, suffice it to say that they are delicious. This picture looks accurate.

After all that seafood, it was time to head back to the ranch and REST up before it was time to go out for dinner and EAT again.

We met my mother, sister, son, etc. at 7pm for dinner. Table for 8, please. Heather and I both ordered salads due to our big lunch. ;-)

Today's schedule is still up in the air as it is only 7:30 in the morning, but will probably include a trip to Dunkin Donuts, visiting with friends and family, maybe a matinee movie, and of course, more seafood!

Happy Easter Eve everybody! I hope you have a special weekend. XX-OO

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?