Thursday, March 30, 2006

 

Day 38 - Chin UP, no matter how many you may have!

Hello there! Welcome back! It's day 38 and we're not getting older, we're getting Bloggier!

First - I'll brag about our dinner last night. I got 2 wonderful pieces of filet mignon on sale for $6 yesterday at the supermarket, which I butterflied and grilled on our new Sunbeam grill with sweet onions. Oh yeah, babe (Emeril).

Have you gained any weight reading my blog? I hope my typing burns calories... Dream On, girl!

Oh no! Does blogging make your butt look fat? Well, since you can't see if it has, it doesn't really matter, does it? Let's move on...

I finished reading 'Knife of Dreams', book 11 in the 'Wheel of Time' Series. I'm already a couple hundred pages (page 239 to be exact) into my next book 'Tuf Voyaging' by George R.R. Martin (one of my faves). I found the perfect quote in it for 'da blog'...

Quote of the day:
'If you're going to continue to yammer at me about cuisine, then I'm leaving. I have better things to do than sit here counting your chins.' Kaj Nevis of Tuf Voyaging.

I hope you don't feel that way, though. I'll assume you're happy as clams no matter what I write about. By the way - in case you haven't noticed - I do have a positive attitude. I do smile a lot.

For that, I have acquired a lot of nicknames over the years...

'Suzy Sunshine' is one. 'Pollyanna' is another. 'Smiley' is another. There has also been some minor usage of 'Karen Goldfish', 'Goldfinger', 'Goldie', 'Blondie', 'Squeaky', and 'Freckles'. Charlie, on the other hand, has his own collection, which includes 'Prissy', 'Cutes', 'Doll', 'Punkin', and 'Honey-Baby-Darlin'-Love-of-my-Life'.

A few interruptions this morning...

Job Hunt update:

I got a call yesterday (while at the grocery store) from the Career Center. I have to go in and fill out more paperwork - I thought I was done! Rats! I'm going there tomorrow. I am sure that's why I forgot to buy bread (she rationalizes). Actually, it wasn't on my shopping list.

I wrote back both of the companies who wrote to me. One of those 'consulting opportunities' would require me to work in Memphis. That one is definitely out. The other one is a remote possibility but probably a no.

I followed up on my Cobra payment to confirm everything is OK, as I hadn't heard anything or received anything. I am all set, and yesterday I received new insurance cards so I am definitely OK. That's a relief. Gotta schedule some doctor and dentist visits while I am off and get all that medical stuff out of the way for the year. There's never enough time for those while you're working!

That's all for now, remember that tonight's Survivor Night!

I'm back already...

I've just spent the last few minutes unloading and loading the dishwasher, wiping up some unknown liquid on a shelf in the refrigerator (don't ask, just clean), and picking over a container of baby spring greens (by the way, this container looks just like a plastic container but the packaging is made from corn - pretty cool!) .

Every company that puts together 'spring mix', 'mesclun', 'baby lettuces' etc. booby-traps the mixture with some kind of lettuce that morphs itself in a matter of days from lovely, tasty, spring garden glory to dark, tadpole-like gobbets of pond slime. NOT GOOD.

Is that intentional, because most people will throw away the lot of it instead of picking out the 'evil invaders'? That stuff is expensive, and darn tootin' I will cull out the ones who are victims of pond-slime assimilation rather than throw it all away!

(You just can't wait to have some, can you Charlie? You say you want iceberg instead? OK...)

There. I've unloaded that thought - time to move on. TTFN! ;-)

Comments:
Hey, Goldfinger!
When you say minor usage, are you referring to just me? Keep writing or I guess the correct word is blogging. I was running out of stuff to do during work.

Sprag-o
 
Hey! Leggo my Sprag-o! I miss you! Yes, you're the one that calls me 'Goldfinger'. Great to hear from you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?