Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Day 35 - Jammin'!

Good day! (say it like Paul Harvey does.)

Joan Rivers would say 'Can we talk?'. I'd like to talk about 'jammin' behavior'.

I didn't mention Saturday that I brought several jars of homemade jam to Daryl's benefit. There must be something magical about homemade jam. It's one of the few foods that doesn't upset Daryl's stomach. His mom has made an executive decision that nobody else can have any. ;-) I brought them 4 jars, so I hope some of the rest of the family will get to enjoy some of it this time!

I told you on my St. Patricks Day posting (you can always click on 'Archives' to your left and review older posts) that my aunt 'hoards' my homemade jam, and doesn't like to share it.

Our next door neighbor 'smuggled' the homemade jam past his brothers and sisters, and told Charlie not to tell anyone he had brought some over.

Another neighbor left an empty jar and a note on the porch requesting a refill!

I had an extra jar of jam with me at New Years when we had a get-together with Charlie's family. His niece 'smuggled' it out in her pocket so nobody could see she got more than one.

Charlie's boss kisses the jam jar when I send him one. He also bought me a case of jars because his mother in law was putting 'stuff' in all the empties so he couldn't return any.

My mother is currently all out of homemade jam. She has put in a request for resupply when I come visit for Easter.

My friend (you know who you are) invited company for brunch. She fed the company some other, obviously inferior jam, while sneaking into the kitchen to put homemade jam on her own bread! What a dastardly deed! She also hid the jam from the other household members.

Two friends from work bought jam from me recently. I guess I can't sell any now - it might affect my unemployment!

Another friend (when she left my former employer) worried about how she would get any jam in the future.

There are probably other stories that I've forgotten. Charlie and I get such a kick out of watching people's 'jammin' behavior'.

Quote of the day: 'At a certain point my novels set. They set just as hard as that jam jar. And then I know they are finished.' Ivy Compton-Burnett

Changing subjects slightly - I cranked up the new grill last night. (The one I bid on and won at Daryl's benefit auction.)

Whaddya think? Grilled tilapia with red onions. YUM-O! It was effortless to make and hugely yummy.

Striped food tastes better for some reason. Now I'll want to grill everything.

I wonder if I could grill egg rolls on it? ;-)

Well folks, one last comment for now...

Charlie reminded me of another job fair today at the GEC. Am I going? Nope. ;-)

Oops - more comments. This is a question for the Nashville locals- did you see the new commercial with the Watson's girl in it? Is she expecting?

Gotta go get sheets and towels out of the dryer and make up the guest room again. TTFN!

Back again - I realize I have to MAKE SPACE in a cupboard to keep the new grill and food processor. That's a nail biter. Making space in a cupboard will require approximately the same effort as putting a man on the moon. Stay tuned while I procrastinate over that for a while...

Comments:
For everyone who hasn't had the homemade jam and your mouths are watering right now...they should be. I have a refrigerator full of strawberry and it's the most wonderful jam in the world!! Everyone start putting in your orders!!
 
Aw, thanks Heather! xxx
 
Thanks, Cheryl! Hope you can come back soon, the door is always open as long as I'm UNEMPLOYED!
 
Karen, What is tilapia? It looked good in the picture. Yes, our mouths are watering for more jam, peach would be just fine! Those jam stories are really a riot! XXX to you too!
 
Note to Mom about tilapia. It is a farm-raised white-fleshed fish that costs about $4 a pound. We've had it a couple of times and liked it. The fillets are a perfect size for grilling.

From the web: Tilapia is a hardy, prolific, fast-growing tropical fish native to Israel, where it has been farmed for about 2,500 years. It requires water temperatures from 76 to 84 degrees Fahrenheit. Currently, tilapia are produced in outdoor ponds and indoor systems.
 
I recently saw the Watson's commercial and she must be expecting. I first thought she had had some work done because the unusually large objects on her chest were even bigger! Then I noticed her tummy and realized what was really going on!
 
Mari- I told Charlie she reminded me of an Easter Basket. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?