Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Day 34 - I've made a decision

Dearest Blogregation...

I've made a big decision that I've been thinking about for many days.

Readers, when I make that final journey to the happy hunting grounds, (deep breath)... I have decided to donate my blog to science.

Let the mysteries that lie within be uncovered, it may help millions of people in the future. I also leave permission to (weeping) put my blog into a cryogenic state for up to 10 gazillion light years. (Mr. Spock, is that enough?)

By the way, I had a minor crush on Mr. Spock years ago while watching Star Trek. I don't mean Leonard Nimoy, I mean Spock. Must be the pointy ears. Er... Uh... My daughter has slightly pointy ears.... Eeek! I am shaking my head, I don’t understand it myself.

Those of you who know me also know I am crazy about Legolas from Lord of the Rings. I don’t mean Orlando Bloom, mind you – he’s way too young! I mean Orlando Bloom AS Legolas, once he puts on the pointy ears and the green tights (don't get any ideas, Charlie!). Since Legolas is two or three thousand years old, that’s more my speed. I have a nearly life-sized Legolas cardboard cutout that Charlie got me for Christmas one year and a 2006 Legolas calendar. It’s all Legolas all the time at my house. ;-)

I'll tell you later about Daryl's benefit yesterday, I bid on and won some nice things!

It's 9:35am and we've had breakfast, I've unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and Charlie has gone to help his daughter move. Cheryl and I will be leaving in a couple hours for the airport. But back to Daryl's benefit - it was very nice and I hope they raised a lot of money, I don't know the totals. I won FIVE items!

This photo shows two of the items I bid on and won.

Second from the left is a Sunbeam indoor grill that can go right into the dishwasher. Great!

Second from the right is a Hamilton Beach food processor. I had given my old food processor to our buddy Joe, so now I have a nice new one.



My very favorite item I bid on and won was the flower arrangement donated for the benefit. It is GORGEOUS!

And actually, the flowers cost me $0.00 because Cheryl gave me the money for it as a hostess gift for staying with us. Thanks, Cheryl! They are so beautiful and fragrant, and I've got them on the dining room table.

Have a nice day, everyone! It's sunny and cool, but supposed to get a little warmer today.

Comments:
Hi Mamma! Glad the benefit went well. Hope to hear they raised a ton for Daryl.
Tony & I spent the day shopping then lugging a new dryer into the basement because Grammy's 300 year old one crapped out on us earlier this week. It's a nice new one and was on sale..even better. Now I'm ready for a nap!
Talk to you soon!
xoxo
 
So glad to hear Heather and Tony replaced my dryer purchased in 1968! And Karen, your purchases and Cheryl's gift of flowers are even nicer because of the cause. Hope you made lots of money for Daryl's hospital/doctor bills. Yes, I love Legolas too, but not like you do because I'm not even sure I'm spelling his name right! This was maple sugar Sunday up here in Maine and we went to a couple of open house(s) to watch how the sap is gathered and boiled down to make maple syrup. Both places gave ice cream with maple syrup, Yum!, and in W Minot there was a group playing jigs and reels and polkas. Lots of fun!
 
I am going to donate my body to science. When I die, I'm going to the body farm.

This brings me a certain amount of joy and happiness. Last week I was driving home and I thought about were I would be buried if I die right then, but then I remembered that I'm going to the body farm. Very exciting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?