Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

Day 33 - Grass Lasagna was good!

Greetings, bloggies! It's Saturday! Yahoo!

It's already 7:50. Charlie has put on a pot of delicious coffee and brought me a cup at the computer. Our houseguest Cheryl should be getting up soon. ;-)

Blog-Aid: I am sending out healing thoughts to Daryl and Elaine. You can join me if you want to. The baskets I made last week are being auctioned off today to help with Daryl's medical bills.

Here's a few random ramblings on various topics...

My Eggplant parmesan, alias 'grass lasagna' as Charlie called it, came out good! Charlie even tried a little of it - he said it was...interesting. He avoided the asparagus like the plague, however.

Do your hands get in your way while you're sleeping? Mine do - sometimes I wish they were removable. I am always curling them over, putting them under my head, getting them stuck underneath Charlie, or lying on them and cutting off my circulation. It's an ongoing challenge.

Speaking of couples sleeping - did you know that a lot of couples don't sleep together? I know several (not old folks!) who prefer sleeping in separate beds. I just don't get it! One thing I really like about waking up in the morning with Charlie is that after being in the same bed all night, we've become the same temperature! (So what, you say? Well, try on some 'cold hands' and 'cold feet' and get back to me).

Speaking of sleeping - Charlie snores like a freight train, but I sleep through it. I will wake up though if he is blowing raspberries on my forehead. My mother, in her loving way, once said 'You sleep like you're dead'. Thanks, Mom! xxx-ooo

I have a lot of crazy dreams while sleeping, also very long, intricate dreams like movies. Since being unemployed, I think my dreams have become more boring. I don't remember very many of them right now when I wake up. Does that mean my neural networks aren't getting exercised properly? My favorite dreams (this sounds scary and it should be but it's not) are of tidal waves that don't kill me - I have had quite a few tidal wave/flood dreams and I actually swim in them and navigate them... What does that mean? Last summer, when we were on vacation in Newport, Rhode Island, I had a scary dream and actually yelled out loud and scared Charlie to pieces. I remember the dream. I had seen some kind of ghost upstairs in a house. That didn't scare me. I reached out to the ghost to wave my hand through it's 'ghostly vapor' - (bad idea, Karen) and it was SOLID. That's when I yelled. The reality was probably that I reached out and touched Charlie. ;-) Sorry, Charlie.

Charlie has really long arms and really bony elbows. He accidently clunked me in the head with an elbow one night and in an excited voice said 'Did you hear that?'. My reply 'Hear that? It was my head!!!'. He remarked it sounded like thumping a melon. I am so proud...

Quote of the day:
Consciousness: that annoying time between naps. ~Author Unknown

I'll do a preliminary posting and try to write more later... Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Comments:
This is your mother, changing that quote to "You sleep very soundly, Karen"--is that better? Dreams are pretty facinating. I can imagine what the tidal waves mean (being overwhelmed?) but the best part is your successful manuvering of them! Gil, a retired teamster, often dreams he is driving, and a couple nights ago dreamed he was tightening brakes on a large trailer. Oh, by the way, in case you were wondering he did complete installing the dishwaher with no problem. I'm so proud! Enjoy Cheryl's company. Good luck with the benefit for Daryl later today!
 
You're scaring me a little with these stories...I know you're my mother and everything, but we're TOO much alike. I have tidal wave dreams all the time, but mine are terrifying..I'm convinced that's how I'll die someday...and I've been telling Tony for YEARS now that I wish body parts were removable for sleeping. My issue is arms. They're all over the place and you just can't get comfortable! Knees are tough too..you should be able to just dissasemble yourself before bed! I think we'd all sleep very well as unencumbered torsos. How strange to know you've been thinking the same thing!!!
 
Mom 'n Heather - Here it is, another morning and I don't remember what I dreamed about. Heather - now that you know I have the very same dreams as you do, I hope it sends a message to your subconscious that those dreams don't 'mean' anything. ;-) xxx And yes, I agree that arms AND hands are hard to get fixed in a comfortable way while sleeping!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?