Friday, March 24, 2006

 

Day 32 - A Riot of Spring

Dearest Blog-gazers...

In 1913, the Paris premiere of Stravinsky's ballet 'The Rite of Spring' caused a riot.

I didn't remember that, I had just thought of using 'Riot of Spring' vs. 'Rite of Spring' for my caption, and found out a little more about the origin of it.


Well, I love it when I see spring 'springing' the way it is right now. The Bradford pear tree's blooms are mostly gone by, but the ornamental cherry trees are spectacular! Even though we are having a cold snap, spring is definitely here.

I stopped and took these photos in Nashville yesterday on my way to the airport to pick up my friend Cheryl. She arrived, on time and safe and sound. We had shrimp cicadas (read that quesadillas) last night for dinner, and then watched M. Night Shyamalans 'The Village'. (No, I didn't spell that right the first time I tried it.)

Charlie is on his way to work, Cheryl is still sleeping, and here I am blogging over my coffee, as usual. All is well with the world.

Quote of the day:
Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn. - Lewis Grizzard

Job Hunt Update: I've had 2 hits from 'Monster' from companies wanting me to do consulting. That sounds too stressful to me so I will need to write to them and wimp out.

I went to lunch yesterday with some former co-workers. They said that some people are making books out of their blogs and publishing them. Whaddya think? Would anyone actually pay for these ramblings? I wouldn't bet the farm on it. My friend Ronie gave me some books about 'getting published' (Thanks, Ronie!). Maybe I'll become the next 'literary sensation'... Dream ON, girl!

All right, Karen, enough of spring and sweetness and light - tell us something more entertaining than that! Give us some DIRT, girl!

Let's see - here are a few tasty morsels from the last couple days:
That's all for now, folks! Readers are anxiously awaiting my posting!

Comments:
I LOVED the 'grass lasagna' comment...so funny! I'm not a huge fan of the large, purple vegetable anyway, so I thought that was really funny...and I'm with him on the asparagas (little trees) thing too...Yuck. Have a nice dinner anyway now that you know how I feel about it!
 
I'm glad to see that you are thoroughly enjoying your time off. What did you think of 'The Village?' I thought it was better than 'Signs' but not nearly as good as 'Sixth Sense' which ranks in my top 10 best movies of all time.

How does this work? Will Karen know that I've left a message?
 
Hi Holly - I check for comments for several days (or more) after the posting. ;-) I enjoyed the plot twist of 'the Village, but I liked both 'Signs' and 'Sixth Sense' better. Thanks for commenting!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?