Thursday, March 23, 2006

 

Day 31 - Quirks I have known

Hola, Bloggership!

First - Honorable Mention goes out to Kevin Covais, alias 'Chicken Little' on American Idol, who didn't make it to the next round. He is a nice 'young man' (though he looks 12!), but maybe not the greatest singer of all time. As he has a lisp, he'll probably end up in broadcasting like so many others who are speaking-challenged. WHY do people who have speech issues go into public speaking anyway? It's a mystery to me.
http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/kevin_covais/

Second - Men spoon, but they don't nest (I'm referring to tupperware!).

I've been meaning to bring this up. Charlie is really good about unloading the dishwasher - thank you, Charlie! HOWEVER, he never nests the tupperware or frying pans when he puts them away, and appears to be unaware there's another option. ;-)

See photo of the cupboard. The plastic storage containers nest - it's a space saving method of fitting one INSIDE the OTHER. Frying pans nest - it's a space saving method of fitting one INSIDE the OTHER. I realized this weekend that it's a guy thing - our buddy Joe has a whole cupboard of containers that (helpfully) fall out on the floor when you open the door. These are not nested according to size and shape either. Hmmm...

Clinical afterthought: Maybe it is really part of the condition I call 'Male Pattern Blindness' which includes 'selective sight' depending on the subject matter. Charlie can spot a deer grazing at the edge of a field at 500 yards, but try to find a sausage and biscuit in the freezer or the potato chips in the pantry...(insert male voice saying 'Honey, I don't see it') 'Nuff said. ;-) Let me know if that happens in your household too.

I'll tell a few things on myself to balance the scales...

Confession #1: I squeeze the toothpaste tube wherever the mood strikes me, usually in the upper quadrant. Charlie ‘fixes’ it now and then and never complains. He’s a peach that way. ;-)

Confession #2: I have a chronic habit of leaving shoes around the house – anywhere except where they belong. I go barefooted a lot.

Confession #3: I hate to unload the silverware from the dishwasher. Before I had a dishwasher, I hated to wash the silverware. If you count piece for piece, that’s the most voluminous of one’s domestic responsibilities.

Confession #4: Our buddy Joe doesn’t like the way I eat oatmeal, even Sturm’s famous and delicious whole grain cranberry oatmeal. I let the hot oatmeal congeal a bit, then float cold milk on top of it so I have a kind of ‘ice cream on cobbler’ effect. Contrasting temperatures AND textures. Yum-O! Joe mixes his, which I would NEVER do. By the way - I also will NEVER drink the milk at the bottom of the cereal bowl, because it’s contaminated with sugar and little flecks of unappetizing cereal debris. C’est la vie!

That's enough confessing for now. My friend Cheryl is flying in this afternoon for the weekend, and I need to do the 'guest checklist' thing and be sure everything is ready.

More later, Love you bye!

Back again with the tally from my vacuuming expedition:

Er..uh... Charlie - could you look at the kitchen table leg when you get home? The one on the left facing you as you come in the garage door? I kind of bumped it (read that hit it) with the vacuum and now it's wobbly. Oops.

Confession #5: Charlie gets disturbed when I loop the vacuum cord over my hand and then hang it on the top vacuum cord hanger - he likes the cord neatly wound around both of the cord hangers. The vacuum must look enough like a power tool to qualify for male OCD with regard to the cord. I wound it nicely today (she says after she asks him to fix the table). ;-)

Stay tuned for more household adventures with Super Domestic Goddess!


Comments:
I missed IDOL last night and am so sad that chicken little lost...I LOVED him!! So sad. Guess he was the only one to choose, though.
I laughed at your nesting..Tony does the same, or will throw things anywhere he finds space, even if they don't go there. (a bowl among the glasses for example) Well, off to work. If you've forgotten, that stinks.
xoxo
 
Hi Heather - you made ME laugh with your nesting story. I kind of thought Bucky would go before Kevin, 'cause he had the grandma vote! xxx-ooo
 
We all hoped Bucky would go first, but no such luck. The Grandma's don't know how to vote! He was screwed!
 
We have company coming and you knocked a leg off the kitchen table??? No problem; I'll fix when I get home. :-) And that stray popcorn kernel probably was mine.
 
It's not 'off'...It's just not on the way it used to be. ;-)
 
I don't think I understand how to "spoon" tupperware or frying pans. Must be a guy thing! Could you provide pictures?
 
Karen, I'm cheating. I clicked on comment just to read other people's comments and laugh a little more! That's my confession. Another guy thing is happening right now. We had a new dishwasher delivered and Gil is installing it. You should hear the remarks coming from the kitchen, "That doesn't fit." That doesn't screw." More mumbling! I'll let you know tomorrow how it turns out!
 
Hi Tom - only the nesting part was directed at tupperware. ;-) We know you guys know how to spoon with 'da females', otherwise we'd never get warm. Take all the pictures you want - in the privacy of your own home. ;-)
 
I know how to do tupperware - you just jam it all in the cabinet. But, am I naive? What is "spooning"?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?