Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

Day 30 of Blogeuphoria

Come in, Come in! Step right up, folks and win a Kewpie Doll!

You don't know what a Kewpie Doll is? Hmmm... Here's a quick description. http://www.badfads.com/pages/collectibles/kewpie.html

I thought I invented the word 'Blogeuphoria' yesterday in the car (great joy), but now I see a website already has the BlogEuphoria url taken (deep sadness). Too bad, I'm using it anyway. I left myself a message on the answering machine so I wouldn't forget it. (That's something you do when you get older - you need reminders for just about everything.)

Blogeuphoria defined:
A feeling of great happiness or well-being while blogging.

I am still enjoying my blogging time, it unloads a little of my brain while I'm not working. One of these days I'll invent more fractured 'blogurisms'.

I am on page 431 of my 'Wheel of Time' book 11. I like big, involved books with hundreds of pages, and I am usually disappointed when I've 'run out of book' at the end. This one, for example, has 761 pages - and add 22 more for the glossary at the end, which I rarely read.

The quote of the day (sobering though it may be) comes from Lan (a Warder - kind of a permanent protector to someone):
'Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.'

Whew! Heavy! Where do I go from that - Intermission? Take five to think that over and come on back.

Thinking of that quote also makes me think of a line from 'Parenthood' with Steve Martin - his character is miserable and says 'My whole life is HAVE TO'. Well, a lot of my 'HAVE TO' disappeared February 20th, so I can be thankful for that!

Let's lighten things up a bit. From the movie 'Arthur' with Dudley Moore - he laughs hysterically for no apparent reason and says 'Sometimes I just think funny stuff!' That's me. I usually have a grin going because I'm thinking something humorous MOST OF THE TIME. It's a gift. ;-)

For more Arthur quotes see: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082031/quotes (they have just about everything on the web these days, don't they?)

Plans for the day:

Want to see the baskets? You do? Well, all right! Here they are...

Here is my jam, coffee and tea basket.

The next one is a toy, puppet and book basket.

And the last one is a handmade goods basket.

TTFN!


Comments:
I LOVE those baskets. You've always talked about the baskets you make, but I've never seen one before...they're adorable. Just got home from working all day with Tony. It's like a big Jerry Springer Show over there everyday...fruity,crazy people everywhere every second! (ANd not the fun kind like us...SCARY!!) Time for a nap to forget all about it!!!
xoxoxo
 
Thanks, Heather! They look best without the cellophane on them, so I took the photos before I wrapped them. ;-) xxx-ooo
 
I too love the baskets.
Arthur is one of my all time faves -- I still bring up the "you're a hooker?" line when I get a chance. Remember he was in a restaurant at the time and bellowed it?
 
Hi Nancy, yes - it was right before Arthur introduced her to his Aunt Pearl as 'Princess Gloria'. ;-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?