Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Day 26 - The Mighty or the Mickey?

Good morning, bloggernauts!

I'll write more later since I'm about to have COFFEE in BED, but it's Saturday morning and that reminds me of many years of Saturday morning cartoon shows...

I need to express my undying devotion to Mighty Mouse. Yes, I believe that in some ways, Mighty Mouse made a bigger first impression on me than Mickey Mouse.

(Shocked gasps from the audience).

It's true! And that's because of the music. Mighty Mouse episodes had these great mock-opera scenes full of dramatic singing (while Pearl Pureheart was about to be killed on the railroad tracks or floating downriver towards waterfalls), and I would memorize them and sing them over and over again. Mickey Mouse, however, was very memorable in the 'Sorcerer's Apprentice', he just didn't have the macho mouse thing going on...

Anyway - I'll talk more later about my favorite cartoons, including Hercules, Kimba the white lion, and others.

TTFN - must...get...to...coffee...

Hola, again!

I must defer my conversation about cartoons because we're having company tonight (our buddy Joe) to watch the latest 'Harry Potter' (recent arrival from Amazon.com) on our big screen TV, and I need to run errands and run down the 'company is coming' checklist.

This includes:

I'm making a batch of apple butter (do you know what that is?) and we'll have that with breakfast tomorrow morning.

Here is the guest room, well, part of it anyway!

Please note that the winter-themed pillows have been taken away and replaced with spring-themed pillows.

If I had the time and money, I would change out everything each season. Maybe someday, when I'm EMPLOYED again!

More later! Love You Bye!

I'm back! It's 6:30pm and I'm showing Joe what I do to edit a posting. We're going to go watch 'Harry Potter' (which Charlie calls 'Harry Potty') shortly. Joe describes this movie as 'Teenage Angst', which is true - from the time a kid is 12 or so, it's all they can do to keep their little darling heads from spinning around on their shoulders. ;-)

Let's interview Joe for a minute:

Bahba-Wahwa: Joe, what are YOUR favorite cartoons?

Joe: Spongebob Squarepants, the Incredibles, the Simpsons, Vampire Hunter D, and NOT Futurama.

Bahba-Wahwa: Joe, are you ever going to cut your hair SHORT again?

Joe: No.

Bahba-Wahwa: Joe, can I borrow 20 bucks? I'm unemployed.

Joe: Sure.

Bahba-Wahwa: Joe, do you want me to fix you another Myers Dark Rum and Coke?

Joe: Yes, please.

That's all for now, folks! More tomorrow, probably AFTER breakfast!


Comments:
Sorry I missed your call..working again at the shop Saturdays. Have a nice night with your friend and I'll talk to you soon. By the way, I liked Mighty Mouse better too...
 
How was Harry Potty? I think that Phil and I and the kids need a trip to TN soon, so that Katya can work on her American accent (she was born there after all) and we need to see y'all!

Will call later
Tiff xx
 
Hi Tiff! Harry Potty was great, but I nodded off half a dozen times before the movie disc and some of the special features disc were done. I'll have to watch it again, and again, and again.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?