Thursday, March 16, 2006

 

Day 24 - Is it real or is it Memorex?

Greetings, gentle readers.

Egads, I've been had! Call the constable!

She tells her story to the jury, clutching her embroidered hankie, shaking her head, and gently weeping at appropriate moments...

Yesterday, I purchased a new bottle of multivitamins (with Lutein and Lycopene) to replace the oversized horsepills I had purchased at the 'Deals' everythings-a-dollar store.

Yes, I confess, I love those stores and MOST of what I get there is great! If an item turns out to be less than satisfactory, I can toss it without too much guilt.

Well, GUESS WHAT? These vitamins are EXACTLY the same - born of the same womb, cut from the same cloth, poured from the same mold. Not only are they the same size, shape and color, they even have an identifying mark - a characteristic crease in the center. That is all the proof I need!

What a coincidence that I've just seen 'Prince and the Pauper' - here's a real life example! I could exchange these two, and they could live their (albeit short) lives in another environment (read that 'bottle'). The vitamin from the rich side of town, and the poor.

What should I do, gentle readers? Should I mix them up and never know which one I am taking? Do I dare live dangerously, or should I keep them separate? If this case should come to trial I will need to be able to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Play sound clip of 'Tommy can you hear me' but substitute 'Greta can you hear me' instead.

Uh... while we're telling the truth here, I should state that I did get the new vitamins on sale, so the per pill cost comparison is... let's see... 'Bailiff! Bring forth the financial adviser!'

The finance subject-matter-expert, Mr. Poindexter takes out his abacus. With lightning speed and much rattling he calculates the following... 'Let's see now, we have one bottle of 30-count for one dollar. We have a 130-count multipack of the other brand for $4.99. That means the dollar store vitamins sold for 3.33 cents each, and the drugstore brand cost you 3.84 cents each.'

The moral of the story, gentle readers, is 'Count your pennies when you can, anything less than a penny is hardly worth blogging about!'.

Play sound clip here 'If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do, if you haven't got a ha'penny then God Bless You!'.

And all of this has done nothing for the fact that these vitamins are too darn big for my delicate little female throat (she roars)! I guess I'll take them anyway. I don't want to waste 'em cause I'm UNEMPLOYED!

That's all for now! I'm having lunch with former-work-buddies today, should be fun!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?